Gibson Brands Forums

Les paul classic saddle question

Forty6and2

I checked out an 03 les paul classic today and noticed something on the saddle. It's hard to explain because i dont know what the piece is called, but the washer that should be under the larger, jagged washer on the saddle is missing.

Untitled.jpg

Heres a picture to illustrate what I mean. The washer that is shown here just above the finish, is missing on the classic. Is that common?

I may be mistaken but I think 2003 Classics have Nashville bridges. The thing you circled is a bushing. Nashville bridges have bushings. ABR-1 bridges do not and the posts go directly into the wood. Google those terms to see how each looks and then compare to the guitar you are looking at.

There is nothing wrong with that at all. Both my Les Pauls look exactly like that one. I can't imagine any use for anything under the adjusting wheel.

They look exactly like which one? The picture I posted? I have a studio and it looks like the picture I posted, but the classic that I'm looking at does NOT have that washer under the adjusting wheel.

Haha, what the hell is that piece called? :P

I may be mistaken but I think 2003 Classics have Nashville bridges. The thing you circled is a bushing. Nashville bridges have bushings. ABR-1 bridges do not and the posts go directly into the wood. Google those terms to see how each looks and then compare to the guitar you are looking at.

ahhh thanks so much! ya, I googled it and most people have the abr-1's on the 03 classics

Yeah it looks normal... BUT usually the ABR-1 bridge has the screws pointing towards the pickups.. The one in your pic is pointing towards the stoptail.

Also.. does it have pickup covers? They almost look like EMGs on that pic.. Classics usually come with no pickup covers.

Yeah it looks normal... BUT usually the ABR-1 bridge has the screws pointing towards the pickups.. The one in your pic is pointing towards the stoptail. ....

That's because the pic posted by the OP shows a Nashville bridge to illustrate what he though was a missing washer on his 2003 Classic.

An ABR-1 (pic below) screws directly into the body, no anchor bushing as in the Nashville.

DSC04216.jpg

Archived