Gibson Brands Forums

Ode to a rainy day.......Hummingbird content

bobby b

Rained all day yesterday.

I recently tackled the task of learning ...... ( trying to learn :) ) "The Rain Song" by Led Zep. I had the day off so I figured I would play and rec a bit.

The song itself is 7+mins long so It will take a bit more practice to get through the whole thing. I find the last part really tricky to play smoothly so here is a sample of the start of what I have so far ......

Lemme know whatch think..... BTW, I am using the Hummingbird TV .... no reverb and just one mic (Shure SM81 )

Cheers

http://soundcloud.com/robbiehunter/rain-song

Thats fine Bobby.. good sound you got there with just your SM81

I play this also..but I attempt it in standard tuning.. doesn't work as well... but I'm lazy concerning differnt tunings. I mean to get around to have another guitar tuned to a differnt key..but I only have one Gibby..and I just wanna play her B)

well played

This sounds awesome! I was just looking over the sheet music for it yesterday. I just purchased the Alfred's Platinum Edition Led Zeppelin which is amazing, and it's in it. I'm planning on attempting it also it's going to be a challenge for me but I'm going for it.

Thanks for your beautiful recording of it. Good to know how pretty it is as solo guitar. Great Job!

1350912478[/url]' post='1272088']

ah , might as well be martian to me then, cant read music ...

thanks for replying though , i thought it was some new cd or somethin

i hope you're gonna post your attempts :)

Haha , was to me too a year ago. It's really very easy, pretty much follow the chords and rhythm patten shown per measure you don't need to read the notes. That's where I started and little by little you you pick up the other refinement notations. Looks more daunting than it is, really. But thru that and tab combined I can understand how to play a song even if I still can't execute it. :( Only been playing less than two yesrs. We'll see if it's worthy of posting. Lol

Thanks for all the encouraging replies !! [biggrin]

I am getting the last part a lot smoother now, so I will prob try to record a complete run through in the next day or so.

It's one of those songs that I always meant to learn but never got around to, glad I did.

Cheers all.

Bobby

Archived