Gibson Brands Forums

Halloween.

I'm giving out candy, and later Halloween night my band is playing a cover show as Pentagram. Tonight my girl and I are going to carve pumpkins & watch the Freaks & Geeks Halloween episode on Netflix.

I miss Halloween. Here in Chicago they do everything before dark. No way I can get home from work in time :(

I remember as a kid we never started trick or treating until the first street light came on. No, I did not grow up in Chicago.

We'll be giving-out candy at our house, as usual. However, each year I also dress-up in some kind of monster outfit. It's a blast scaring the crap out of some people....Sometimes I stand out in the yard and they won't even come to our house...lol...more candy for us.

It only seems to be popular here in Ireland and the US. I spent it in the UK a couple of years ago and nobody did anything. I think they celebrate Guy Fawkes night a week later which is a bigger thing in the UK.

Indeed it is although I would be happier to celebrate the 5th November (Firework night - Guy Fawkes) if Guido had managed to blow up that den of inquity we call our Parliament.

Halloween is just commercial claptrap to me - just meaningless nonsense built on a forgotten pagan celebration of fertility long dead. It just has no meaning in today's world and celebrants get short shrift from me if they make the mistake of knocking on my door.

Archived