Gibson Brands Forums

1963 Block reissue ES335

barry2001

I'm sure they would be disappointed if they knew.

What's funny is that '63 Historic 335 is far closer to the guitar Clapton played during Cream/Blind Faith. They are expensive too, but at a more reasonable $3.5K or so. I have one and it is my favorite guitar.

Though I have to admit, Japanese body aside, it would be really cool to have one of the Clapton ES-335's. And Japanese quality is quite good. The bodies are nicer built than most of the USA 335's I've come across, including my own.

Anyway, as further evidence to the above, watch the video of the making of the guitar. Never once is the Clapton 335 body shown "under construction". All the scenes of body construction is of other guitars besides the Clapton. They do show necks being made. Final assembly etc. But all the bodies being put together are of other ES models.

The guitar was definitely built/assembled in Nashville. Just not all parts were USA made. Like the 2005 Sheraton II's.

I'm sure they would be disappointed if they knew.

What's funny is that '63 Historic 335 is far closer to the guitar Clapton played during Cream/Blind Faith. They are expensive too' date=' but at a more reasonable $3.5K or so. I have one and it is my favorite guitar.

Though I have to admit, Japanese body aside, it would be really cool to have one of the Clapton ES-335's. And Japanese quality is quite good. The bodies are nicer built than most of the USA 335's I've come across, including my own.

Anyway, as further evidence to the above, watch the video of the making of the guitar. Never once is the Clapton 335 body shown "under construction". All the scenes of body construction is of other guitars besides the Clapton. They do show necks being made. Final assembly etc. But all the bodies being put together are of other ES models.

The guitar was definitely built/assembled in Nashville. Just not all parts were USA made. Like the 2005 Sheraton II's.

[/quote']

Glad to hear you are digging your 335 reissue as i have one coming .

the Historic 335 is wonderful. You're gonna love it. It is the only guitar I really play anymore. If I pick anything else up, I always find my self wishing I was playing the 335.

I hope you've ordered a red one!

the Historic 335 is wonderful. You're gonna love it. It is the only guitar I really play anymore. If I pick anything else up' date=' I always find my self wishing I was playing the 335.

I hope you've ordered a red one![/quote']

Yep I orderd the cherry block reissue . Its been backordered for 3 months now so hopefully not alot longer .

Archived