Gibson Brands Forums

Two lovely guitars I missed somehow... ES series

Rabs

I find it a bit odd when theres a guitar released and yet no information on it (that I can find) on the main web site...

Its the Joe B 335

The main features of the Gibson Bonamassa ES-335 include:

•Spliced Plain Maple/Poplar/Maple 3-Ply Top

•Spliced Plain Maple/Poplar/Maple 3-Ply Back

•Cream Binding

•1-Piece Mahogany Neck

•Rosewood Fingerboard With 22 Frets And Mother-Of-Pearl 1/2" Dot Inlays

•Holly Wood Head Veneer With Mother-Of-Pearl 'Gibson' And 'Crown' Inlays

•2 x Nickel '57 Classic Pickups

•2 x Volume, 2 x Tone Controls, 3-Way Pickup Selector Switch

•3 x Gold Top Hat Knobs With Silver 'Volume' And 'Tone' Inserts, 1 x Rhythm Tone Gold Top Hat Tuner

•ABR-1 Bridge With Nickel Lightweight Aluminium Stopbar Tailpiece

•Bonamassa-Specific Vintage Sunburst Finish With VOS Treatment

97431_l_zps1dc63498.jpg

12080112563227b_01_zpsda3cf311.jpg

And while I was looking for info on that I found this one called the Trini Lopez . Which I seemed to have missed too and is already out of production (is it an old model?)

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/ES/Gibson-Custom/Trini-Lopez.aspx

15b52989-3267-42a2-88fc-0061d2a8b2bb_zps3b201c79.jpg

...And while I was looking for info on that I found this one called the Trini Lopez . Which I seemed to have missed too and is already out of production (is it an old model?)...

The Trini Lopez was first released in 1964 and It stayed in production until 1970.

There were originally two versions offered; the 'Standard', which had the same 1 3/4" body-depth as a 335; and the 'DeLuxe' which had a deeper 3" body.

P.

Guest Farnsbarns

The Trini Lopez was first released in 1964 and It stayed in production until 1970.

There were originally two versions offered; the 'Standard', which had the same 1 3/4" body-depth as a 335; and the 'DeLuxe' which had a deeper 3" body.

P.

It's also the basis for the DG 335 Dave Grohl signature.

P.

Cheers [thumbup]

I don't understand a Joe B. ES 335... Did he ever play one? When I saw him he didn't. Make a guitar and slapping a name on it makes no sense unless it's an iconic guitar from someone that has made his or her mark as a musician/guitarist. Example; Jimmy Page ES 1275 or his #1 LP... Now those made sense... Just sayin'...

I don't understand a Joe B. ES 335... Did he ever play one? When I saw him he didn't. Make a guitar and slapping a name on it makes no sense unless it's an iconic guitar from someone that has made his or her mark as a musician/guitarist. Example; Jimmy Page ES 1275 or his #1 LP... Now those made sense... Just sayin'...

I saw him at the albert hall and he didnt play the 335, but I've seen youtube vids of his gigs where he has played one.

I find it a bit odd when theres a guitar released and yet no information on it (that I can find) on the main web site...

Its the Joe B 335

The main features of the Gibson Bonamassa ES-335 include:

•Spliced Plain Maple/Poplar/Maple 3-Ply Top

•Spliced Plain Maple/Poplar/Maple 3-Ply Back

•Cream Binding

•1-Piece Mahogany Neck

•Rosewood Fingerboard With 22 Frets And Mother-Of-Pearl 1/2" Dot Inlays

•Holly Wood Head Veneer With Mother-Of-Pearl 'Gibson' And 'Crown' Inlays

•2 x Nickel '57 Classic Pickups

•2 x Volume, 2 x Tone Controls, 3-Way Pickup Selector Switch

•3 x Gold Top Hat Knobs With Silver 'Volume' And 'Tone' Inserts, 1 x Rhythm Tone Gold Top Hat Tuner

•ABR-1 Bridge With Nickel Lightweight Aluminium Stopbar Tailpiece

•Bonamassa-Specific Vintage Sunburst Finish With VOS Treatment

97431_l_zps1dc63498.jpg

12080112563227b_01_zpsda3cf311.jpg

And while I was looking for info on that I found this one called the Trini Lopez . Which I seemed to have missed too and is already out of production (is it an old model?)

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/ES/Gibson-Custom/Trini-Lopez.aspx

15b52989-3267-42a2-88fc-0061d2a8b2bb_zps3b201c79.jpg

Gibson/Kramer put out a Semi Double Cutaway under the Kramer brand that is virtually identical to the Trini Lopez. I forget the model name.

Hello! Joe has some nice signatures, but I can't stand those mismatched knobs, even though I understand it's a homage to Peter Green, and Gary Moore. Just hurts my eyes... Very nice ES otherwise! Cheers... Bence

I don't know if it is true or not...that is, if he is doing it in responce or because of Moore or Green.

In a number of old pics, it seems common to see some old blues players change some of the knobs. It SEEMS like it was done as more of a way to help keep track of what knob does what.

The only reason I can see it being associated with Moore, is the fact that he has a production model based on the guitar he got from Green, and the knobs were made to match that guitar. That don't make it a "Moore" thing..or a "Green" thing.

I have mixed feelings about that particular guitar besides. A little story: Green was somewhat Moore's "hero" at the time he gave him his guitar. Green had wanted to quit music. The AGREEMENT was when he wanted it back, Moore would gladly return it. And, when Green started playing again some years later, he ASKED for it back (according to their agreement). Moore, he said "no".

I understand that at the time, it was just a guitar worth a few hundred bucks, and had become worth a million or so. But it kinda kills the mojo for me. It doesn't seem like "belonging" to Moore anymore to me.

Archived