Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
crazytrain513

What's your Les Paul's name?

Goldie - she's been with me since about 1995.

Epiphone les paul standard fitted with dimarzio gravity storm (neck -very recent addition) and Seymour Duncan JB (bridge)

Sounds lovely :0)

Didn't cost a lot but worth a whole load to me.

"Next months mortgage"

My next LP will be called "next months daycare"

The one after that will be called "homeless" cuz that's where ill be. Lol

Thanks, been 30 years in the waiting, and in person the guitar is better than the glamour shot. :D

Hello and welcome to the Forums!

Congratulations! What a wonderful top! Wow!

Cheers... Bence

Thanks, been 30 years in the waiting, and in person the guitar is better than the glamour shot. :D

Hello!

I know what You're talking about! I've been dreaming about a Custom for 20 years! Last year finally could buy one. Even tough "I had to settle" with a Classic Custom, but happier with it than with anything else! :)

Cheers... Bence

My LP traditional is named after my mom...she gave it to me right before she died. My LPDC is named after my wife Pam...she bought it for me for Christmas, and my Eppy LP is named is Raquel...after Miss Welsh.

LOL that's awesome. Also LOVE the guitar itself [thumbup]

..Crazytrain513..Thanx,really an amazing guitar considering the price of them.Fast & really comfortable neck,Superb playability,

..and came stock with GREAT tone (excellent tone for early ZZ-top,Allman Brothers,James Gang,etc) !

..I`ve modded all my earlier LP`s,but this,I do not dare or wish to experiment with it!

I couldn`t be happier the day I got it ! [smile]

btw: The dark looking baked maple-fretboard,was originally kind of rusty red looking when it was brand new.

two treatment/rounds with Dunlop65 Lemon-oil,and it looks like ebony-fretboard now! [thumbup] )

..Crazytrain513..Thanx,really an amazing guitar considering the price of them.Fast & really comfortable neck,Superb playability,

..and came stock with GREAT tone (excellent tone for early ZZ-top,Allman Brothers,James Gang,etc) !

..I`ve modded all my earlier LP`s,but this,I do not dare or wish to experiment with it!

I couldn`t be happier the day I got it ! [smile]

btw: The dark looking baked maple-fretboard,was originally kind of rusty red looking when it was brand new.

two treatment/rounds with Dunlop65 Lemon-oil,and it looks like ebony-fretboard now! [thumbup] )

No problem. And hey, more mojo to it is always good! Might I suggest uncovered pickups in the future?

No problem. And hey, more mojo to it is always good! Might I suggest uncovered pickups in the future?

LOL,Funny you mentioned it,I was actually thinking/fantasizing about this a 2 days ago, We`ll see,maybe.. :rolleyes:

I have a black bobbin,Seth Lover (with gold screws) & a unknown black bobbin SD-pickup in a drawer (with silver screws),I will try to install them un-soldered, in the humbucker-rings,..just,first to see if it looks well! :)

..I`ll do that BEFORE I unsolder the nickel-case from the stock 57`s,I love them in this guitar..Nickel-cases are PAIN to solder,(at least with a 30-40W soldering iron ! :)

Mine is named "Millie." "Mil" is Gaelic for "honey," and she's honeyburst, so...

millie_06_08_13____06_by_lordhighwarlock-d68pbld.jpg

(Not me in the pic)

:blink: Name Huh??.....never gave it much thought. Alright, how about SANDY, thats it, Im going to name my beautiful 2013 Les Paul Traditional(in carmeral burst)after my long lost girlfriend. My..My.. how I miss her so. [drool]

421839_3164654732031_2104380568_n.jpg

BEAUTY as in BLACK BEAUTY

and down here we have

JENDELL as in Ace Frehley's home planet.

969457_3119746009341_1359803557_n.jpg

wow! JENDELL has some crazy good grain !!

Mine is named after my wife, Dawn. Like her, she has everything I could possibly want. It's also the first guitar I have felt inspired to name.

When I go out on the town, I take my Money and my Honey! I know the thread is about Les Paul's, but I couldn't resist showing my Strat, since the names rhyme.

Honey

lespaul50s.jpg

Money

Strat1.jpg

When I had the chance of a lifetime to meet Tommy Shaw of Styx fame and we got to get a pic with one of his guitars, he mentioned that he calls his Historic "Bertha" because it's so heavy. So when I got my Trad Pro II, I call her "Baby Bertha

img_2034_zps934998e4.jpg