Gibson Brands Forums

Help! Is this a Gibson guitar?

Terry Turner

When are the moderators going to ask PM to change out that profile pic?

Why? It contains nothing offensive, no nudity, no profanity and having staged it myself for comedy value (explained 3 times here already) it poses no threat whatsoever.... can't see where you're coming from fella.

It's just a guess, of course, not having seen the guitar in person but there were copies of various types of guitar sold under the 'Grant' name back in the '70s and '80.

As it happens my own first guitar was a Grant copy of a Les Paul Gold Top.

As it says in the ad it's a Grant I think it has simply had the 'Gibsun' logo affixed in place of the Grant one by a previous owner.

There used to be a detailed history of the Grant business on the web but I've tried and failed to find it this morning.

From what I remember Grant was an Edinburgh-based importer and shop-owner of instruments made (I'm fairly sure) by the Fuji-Gen plant in Japan and had his name put on the peghead.

P.

i looked at one a matter of months ago but didnt buy it as it had no saddle left apart from a millimetre and the bridge was coming away ... i was looking for a beater but it was just beat ... was in two minds though because ut actually had a quite a nice feel to it and a tone was there . the one i seen was actually based on a martin , but advertised as based on a gibson , with no photo .....

anyway , guitar if not so mistreated wouldve been a good beater though is the upshot of all that waffle

From what I remember Grant was an Edinburgh-based importer and shop-owner of instruments made (I'm fairly sure) by the Fuji-Gen plant in Japan and had his name put on the peghead.

P.

Thanks Pippy

I remember the Grant company, but it just threw me with the Gibsun logo.

Why? It contains nothing offensive, no nudity, no profanity and having staged it myself for comedy value (explained 3 times here already) it poses no threat whatsoever.... can't see where you're coming from fella.

I'm not interpreting it...just creeps me out when I'm in my guitar head. No problem.

Don't you have a fuzzy kitten pic?

Archived