Gibson Brands Forums

Have to love pedal boards

swleary

Corey how do you like the Talking machine?

I like it, it has some very strange sounds.

One of these days I will figure out how to play the guitar/vowel part that Joe Walsh uses in Rocky Mountain Way when he talks into the tube, as I think this pedal can pretty much nail the voice part if I can get the riff down.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He he he...

Did you get the SE CU24, or the Maryland built CU24?

I enjoy playing mine as much as my SG, and they have similar necks.

I like the thin necks over a fatter one.

I have the new SE Tremonti Custom on order that is a special UK run, but a few are in the states for sale.

I should have had it by now, but PRS shipping sent to another store in PA and not my state.

Now I have to wait on another one.

He he he...

Did you get the SE CU24, or the Maryland built CU24?

I enjoy playing mine as much as my SG, and they have similar necks.

I like the thin necks over a fatter one.

I have the new SE Tremonti Custom on order that is a special UK run, but a few are in the states for sale.

I should have had it by now, but PRS shipping sent to another store in PA and not my state.

Now I have to wait on another one.

I got the se..can't afford a usa model yet lol

Let me know how the new tremoti is, kinda curious lol. Been scoping out an se sc245 lol

I got the se..can't afford a usa model yet lol

Let me know how the new tremoti is, kinda curious lol. Been scoping out an se sc245 lol

Here are a few vids.

It is thicker than the current one, and has the 245 pickups, and also has a tremolo that works both in the up/down position just like the US built Tremonti.

Ordered the Dreamscape yesterday from Guitar Center, should be here by Friday.

Had to go through them, as they are about the only place that carries it.

A few good videos.

Second video guy is playing the intro to On the backs of angels, a Dream Theater song.

He even has a Musicman JP guitar :D

I'm currently sorting out a 'bare essentials' board (includes Dub's Dark Cloud delay!) and don't want to velcro everything so I'm going to try the foam method. I get enough 1" foam to cover the whole board then cut pedal-shaped holes out, leads and wiring beneath the foam. Another loose piece of foam in the case lid to pack 'em down when I close it. It should work, pics when I get it done - I just ordered the foam today. Has anybody tried this?

I got rid of most of my pedals, don't really need em anymore. Just got in the way, heres what i use to have.

I put them towards something better.

IMG_0100.jpg

Oooh, you have the Bonermass Fuzz Face. Love the knobs on those suckers. The demos I have heard of her sound killer. Not what you'd expect from a pop blues review guy.

What's that beat up yellow box?

I hope we can still be friends EVOL, but I have to confess that the only fuzz on my board for the past couple months has been my Big Muff. I've owned and built like a thousand fuzzes and I've realized that for whatever reason that particular Muff is my favorite to use.

It's not that I necessarily think its the raddest fuzz tone ever but it just seems to work the best for me in my band and when I'm jamming with others.

I got some really sweet parts for a super awesome point to point Buzzaround that I'll be building myself though and it's possible that it will become my go to fuzzbox. Good ol perfectly matched NOS British germaniums [drool]

I hope we can still be friends EVOL, but I have to confess that the only fuzz on my board for the past couple months has been my Big Muff. I've owned and built like a thousand fuzzes and I've realized that for whatever reason that particular Muff is my favorite to use.

I still love you. Hell, my wife's favorite herb is cilantro and I married her.

I got some really sweet parts for a super awesome point to point Buzzaround that I'll be building myself though and it's possible that it will become my go to fuzzbox. Good ol perfectly matched NOS British germaniums [drool]

Ace! Tell me more about this Buzzaround. I still want to have you build me a Yardbox type fuzz (I'll pay of course). Maybe around xmas if you're not too busy.

Lol I also love cilantro. I think you have a taste bud that I don't have

For the Buzzaround I got some sweet Mallory axial caps and some Phillips OC75s and an OC76 and some tagboard from the UK. The Buzzaround circuit is similar to a MKIII Tone Bender circuit.

Hit me up any time for the fuzz :)

Lol yeah I don't get that taste I literally think you have a taste bud that I don't have or something.

To me it's kindof just a light herbal kind of taste that's really good on a lot of things. It's pretty refreshing. I don't like it when there's a lot of stems in it though you kinda have to be good at chopping it up.

My TC Dreamscape arrived Thursday, and I prepped it for my board.

I moved the Peterson tuner to the far right to be the first to plug info, and the new pedal is last.

Will try the Dreamscape tonight or tomorrow.

10.jpg

The new pedal is tiny, looks like I can cram one more pedal next to the tuner.

Archived