Gibson Brands Forums

RIP "Gage"

DanvillRob

Rob, real sorry. While I was watching the video, our bulldog was sitting right next to me. I had to give her a big hug, and it was also a sad hug. It's tough-as-hell to lose these friends. I'm glad you had your buddy for a good, long time. The pics make it obvious that Gage received lots of love. RIP to your old friend. I suspect he's somewhere around you now. They don't go away. They just hang-around and wait for us. Hang in there. It gets better.

Rob, real sorry. While I was watching the video, our bulldog was sitting right next to me. I had to give her a big hug, and it was also a sad hug. It's tough-as-hell to lose these friends. I'm glad you had your buddy for a good, long time. The pics make it obvious that Gage received lots of love. RIP to your old friend. I suspect he's somewhere around you now. They don't go away. They just hang-around and wait for us. Hang in there. It gets better.

The good thing is that Bob always seems to be surrounded by those little boogers, each one as cute as the next. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, of course.

Sounds like he had a great life. It's always tough when you loose them.

Don't wait too long for your next one. The joy you get from them outweighs the pain of loosin' them.

I've had a few down through the years. Ozzy is my newest best buddy.

If I timed it right, we may see each other all the way to the end.

OZZYATDAYSPA.jpg

Cant watch it..sorry for your loss.Felt the same about our close friend Augustide who died Oct 2 years ago.

I wasn't going to watch it but did, and of course now I am crying. The silver lining is that I can tell that adorable little guy had a fabulous life and for a long long time.

Sorry for your loss Bob. I know that pain and it never gets easier. Gradually your sadness will be replaced with smiles and wonderful memories. Reinvest your emotions into another fuzzy face when you're ready.

Have to say I feel the same. I've visited many other forums over the years and can honestly say this one is different. Long may it continue!

Shame I'm on the wrong side of the pond though lol. Get more and more jealous every time I see pics of Fred's back yard!!

Dave, plan a trip next year during SANSJAM. Fred has 'bunking accommodations" at his place this year!

And his place is as spectacular as the photos suggest.

Our pets love for us is truly unconditional. It appears in this case that love was reciprocated. Gage was lucky to have you.

Thanks, Nick. He was truly loved throughout his life.

Lets not hijack Rob's thread any further. I was almost in his shoes a few weeks ago. But for the Hyenas & baboons, yes it's proper mental. Must suggest it to security at work. Gangsta's how we roll, gimme all yer money.....

PM, that's okay... I've hijacked a few threads myself!

Absolutely!...Not meaning to hijack! Sorry for your loss, Rob. Great video/pictorial! Pets ARE family.

RR, I actually enjoyed those photos! I certainly didn't want to make this a 'feel sorry for me' thread...just sharing one of life's moments with friends.

Rob,

Sorry about Gage. The only thing you're sure about when you get a pet is that someday they'll rip your heart out. Your video is a touching tribute to your little friend.

With sympathy,

MJ

TM, of course you're right...... the correct way is for our pets to go before we do, (just as parents should go before their kids).

Best thoughts from here, Danville -

Thanks, EM7...I appreciate your thoughts

MP, of course...we should all appreciate our loved ones around us while we still can. Fortunately, I got to hold him in my arms as he passed.....

I couldn't bare to know he was scared.

The good thing is that Bob always seems to be surrounded by those little boogers, each one as cute as the next. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, of course.

Nick, as you well know!

Sounds like he had a great life. It's always tough when you loose them.

Don't wait too long for your next one. The joy you get from them outweighs the pain of loosin' them.

I've had a few down through the years. Ozzy is my newest best buddy.

If I timed it right, we may see each other all the way to the end.

Dave, cute dog! thanks for the sentiment.

Rob, nice tribute. Sorry for your heartbreak. Strum softly, write a song.

Dan, I think I will! Thanks

sorry for your loss mister .

BBG, thanks...he was a great friend.

Best wishes mate....good bunch of people here to share that with.

Ain't that the truth? Thanks

Sorry to hear about your doggy....

BluesKing777.

Unless you're shared your life with a friend, you just can't know. Thanks.

Very sorry to hear that Rob, love those little critters also !

I know, EA..... Thanks for the thought.

I wasn't going to watch it but did, and of course now I am crying. The silver lining is that I can tell that adorable little guy had a fabulous life and for a long long time.

Sorry for your loss Bob. I know that pain and it never gets easier. Gradually your sadness will be replaced with smiles and wonderful memories. Reinvest your emotions into another fuzzy face when you're ready.

Karen, thanks.... this is special coming from you who just lost a friend herself.

I know it'll get easier..... and I have to tell you, I wasn't this broken up over either of my parents when they passed, but it'll get easier.

I have a thousand stories about Gage, but I'm still not able to express them.... I guess in time.

I'm glad you watched the video..... as I said, I made it a few weeks ago...but I have not been able to watch it yet myself.

Archived