Gibson Brands Forums

Epi EJ200 ARTIEST JUMBO

sparky349

Bought this jumbo last year(always wanted one)(didn't want to spend almost 4K on a J200) it was on sale for like $180.00,had a thinline pickup installed & lowered the action, it sounds great & plays great & is $3719.oo cheaper than Gibson J200, keyword cheaper, it may not have all the bling bling of a J200 BUT IT WORKS JUST FINE FOR ME, I also have a older Guild Dreadnought that I compare the sound of the 2 guitars, you can see & hear the guitar for yourself if you go to youtube music & type in Brenda and Sparky, we have 4 tunes on video, 2 songs were just camera audio(EJ 200) & 2 songs I was able to record & mix,(DeArmond archtop) check it out, leave your thoughts.

welcome to the forum sparky.

I thought the epi ej 200 sounded pretty good, but that DeArmond sounded great

Brenda's singing is great also

Thanks dchristo for checking Brenda and me on youtube, we plan to do more, you can check out all my guitars on my facebook page, stephen a. sparks

it was on sale for like $180.00,had a thinline pickup installed & lowered the action, it sounds great & plays great & is $3719.oo cheaper than Gibson J200, keyword cheaper,

Good for you. Its fun to get a new guitar. Based on the price you certainly got the less expensive one.

Enjoy it.

Archived