Gibson Brands Forums

Your opinions on this.

bluesguitar65

Depends on what your question really is if it's about wether or not it's appropriate for a man to strike a woman or not? That's a tough question and depends on the situation. I was raised thinking it was wrong for a man to ever hit a woman period. That lasted through high school and into college even through a crazy girlfriend that once knocked me out cold with a flower pot. I came close to killing her several times at least in my mind but never hit her she was gorgeous (swimsuit model) but totally crazy.

Then I went into police work and quickly learned that women are no different then men and in fact are usually much worse and considerably more dangerous. As a rookie I still had some trouble using force on women especially young attractive ones because at 6'4" and 240 pounds I shouldn't need to and at least in my mind it seemed so wrong. That all changed when a cute little cowgirl that was about 5'2" with a blonde pony tail slid a kitchen knife into my side when I didn't knock her down during an arrest. I might have been slow but that night I changed my rule. Since that night my rule now is that I will never hit a woman I love and I will never hit a woman in anger. other than that there fair game if required. Ive punched women's lights out and even hit a few with nightsticks usually when there doing there level best to kill either me or someone else. Woman are wonderful and soft only until you piss them off then watch out there considerably more dangerous than the average man.

I think the Bus driver went way too far and he also made the worst mistake you can ever make he ran his mouth about how if she was gonna act like a man he would treat her like one. Which I'm sure cost him his job if not some time in jail. Whenever you use physical force against anyone but especially against someone the world is gonna see as sympathetic. Keep your damn mouth shut and if you ever say anything it should only be that I was in fear of my own safety or the safety of others and I used the minimal force that would prevent injury to all parties involved. Say anything else especially in anger and you deserve what happens.

Depends on what your question really is if it's about wether or not it's appropriate for a man to strike a woman or not? That's a tough question and depends on the situation. I was raised thinking it was wrong for a man to ever hit a woman period. That lasted through high school and into college even through a crazy girlfriend that once knocked me out cold with a flower pot. I came close to killing her several times at least in my mind but never hit her she was gorgeous (swimsuit model) but totally crazy.

Then I went into police work and quickly learned that women are no different then men and in fact are usually much worse and considerably more dangerous. As a rookie I still had some trouble using force on women especially young attractive ones because at 6'4" and 240 pounds I shouldn't need to and at least in my mind it seemed so wrong. That all changed when a cute little cowgirl that was about 5'2" with a blonde pony tail slid a kitchen knife into my side when I didn't knock her down during an arrest. I might have been slow but that night I changed my rule. Since that night my rule now is that I will never hit a woman I love and I will never hit a woman in anger. other than that there fair game if required. Ive punched women's lights out and even hit a few with nightsticks usually when there doing there level best to kill either me or someone else. Woman are wonderful and soft only until you piss them off then watch out there considerably more dangerous than the average man.

I think the Bus driver went way too far and he also made the worst mistake you can ever make he ran his mouth about how if she was gonna act like a man he would treat her like one. Which I'm sure cost him his job if not some time in jail. Whenever you use physical force against anyone but especially against someone the world is gonna see as sympathetic. Keep your damn mouth shut and if you ever say anything it should only be that I was in fear of my own safety or the safety of others and I used the minimal force that would prevent injury to all parties involved. Say anything else especially in anger and you deserve what happens.

I was questioning how violent we live in now and so much disrespect in our society. The Bus Driver was 59 years old and had been with the company for 22 years. The young lady was 25. She got on the bus evading fare and escalated from there. The young lady spat at the driver and pushed/punched him and thats when the driver got up and punched the young lady.

Here are more videos. What do you all think of these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdxh-KaSBSg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU5fAGOVvEM&feature=related

My opinion is his uppercut was weak. If he connected properly, she wouldn't have gotten back up so fast.

Seriously, while I think he probably shouldn't have hit her, there is probably more to this story than what the short video shows. It was reported she wasn't paying to get on, and she refused to get off, and spit on him. I don't know how I'd respond to a b^$#@ch that spit on me. Here in Detroit these days, people don't have any respect of others or fear of their actions. People shoot others over the littlest things, sometimes nothing.

Times are bad. The police are here to protect us. Yes, there may be some abuse of power at times, but consider what they are dealing with and how things change and can esculate at a moments notice. Hell - look at what happened with that crazy soccer crowd in the one video. If I were one of those cops I would have shot some of those pricks.

Here in the UK, I think women cause more trouble than men now. The Police are struggling to cope. Drink/drugs are a major problem. But in society in general, aggression is getting worse. When I grew up a murder was an 'event' but now it's an everyday occurrence. I'd even say that the UK has overtaken the USA by square mile for trouble and murder. London is a major cesspit. We keep hearing that it's 'multicultural' but it's just a dump.

On another note. Animal abuse seems to be on a major increase. I've been reading about many cases in the US of people tying dogs to cars and driving, or just throwing them out of the window whilst moving. I hear Michael Vick has got another dog too. How is that allowed?

I've also been following cases in Europe (mainly Germany) of animal brothels! Yes people go to these places to have sex with animals? Yes it's legal too! The world has gone mad. It's profit over everything. If it makes a profit, it's accepted.

Isn't anyone outraged about her using the "N" word on the driver. If I had said that he would have been justified in getting up and thumping me and a jury would agree.

Common word in Detroit. The "N" word is only illegal to use if you're not black. But if you are black and in Detroit, it's common to string the "N" word into every sentence about 3x per sentence. It's like the use of "Dude" by Randy Jackson. Just substute the "N" word with "Dude" and use it about 2x or 3x more and you'll fit into any conversation in Detroit.

I live in Cleveland, and his has been big news for several weeks now. There is even a Facebook page in support of the bus driver, demanding RTA to NOT fire him.

Apparently, the woman was out of control: cursing, screaming at him. When the camera drops a bit, before he gets up and slugs her, she pushes him, then spits on him. And it was over the dumbest thing: she demanded that he take her all the way to her destination even though she didn't have the fare. Her response to him refusing to take her to her destination was to act like an animal, and I mean that literally.

With all that said, I think the driver severely f***ed up, and will most-definitely lose his job: you can't cold-cock a person, then literally throw them off the bus no matter how egregious the actions are. In one split second, this guy - a RTA driver for 22 years - kissed his good union job and pension goodbye, most likely. It's like being a cop: even if someone spits at you and takes a swing, you can't punch them in the face.

This driver is going to continue to get a great deal of support. Why? Because much of Cleveland - and probably much of the nation - is very sick of tired of behavior like this woman exhibited. I guarantee that if this guy does lose his job, a PayPal account will be set up for him...

Opinion? sure!

I think, no one can really HAVE an opinion that matters because just because you see someone "hit" another, it doesn't mean anything at all. This vid is a perfect example, as you can't tell what is going on before or even during. So...HOW is one going to have an "opinion" taking one side or the other?

My REAL opinion is this: It's an interesting commentary on how society thinks these days, and how we tend to lean toward finger pointing. Vids like this are poular and go viral real easy, and usually, toward the side of how 'wrong' it is to go violent. For a society that is so against anyone or anything violent, we sure seem to like to see it.

I think in a lot of ways, a lot of societies have lost their perspective on "violence". I would bet that MOST of us aren't used to or have experienced much of it personally. A fistfight is much different than a gun or a knife, or an effort to do real permanent damage. And I think we have also lost the question of when and where it is appropriate to come to blows. As in, it seems to be acceptable to use "anger" and provoke another to the point of distress, but somehow, not appropriate to have the natural responce to it- meaning, a fist.

I just find it kind of ironic that it seems it is no so WRONG an unacceptable to throw a punch or a fistfight, but that has been replaced with provoking someone PAST that point. I wonder which is actually worse.

It's not as if one of them is right and one is wrong. They're both wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I'm sure it'll get handled the right way. I don't think anybody will get away with anything.

My personal opinion is that the gal's a b!tch. But anybody who would hit a woman as a kind of self dispensed disproportionate justice isn't much of a man. I grew up with that crap. I don't imagine the justice system will be happy with that guy.

Archived