Gibson Brands Forums

Today I got my first Gibson

Hambone0330

She's beautiful! Congratulations! I just purchased my first Gibson as well last week, and got her a couple days ago as well.

How are you coping with the thicker neck and upper fret access? I'm not used to it yet so it's a work in progress but it's so worth it for that sound...

• 1 month later...

I bought the last gold top, 9lbs 10oz from sweet water ,

Traditional 1730 shipped...

I had a hard time not getting the blue one, it looks sick.

I've always wanted a gold top though.

Good luck with it amigo, there is no guitar with the Les Paul tone out there, other than a real Gibson Les Paul. I hope it gives you many years of playing pleasure.

Brand new traditional plus in Chicago blue! I am not the best photographer but here she is...post-48192-026094100 1351381938_thumb.jpg

Hey Ive just got one the same!!!

Ive pulled the PCB board out and replaced with CTS pots and orange drops.

Also bone nut and lowered the frets as they were way to high for my liking?

Its been mentioned many times that this colour changes under LED lighting. It goes green and even grey!!!

Lovely guitar,

ENJOY!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm new here - got my first Gibbo three days ago, been allover it like a cheap suit! The neck is challenging me slightly as I've been playing 60's profile Epi classics and stds until now - got a beauty of a faded LP worn brown studio 2012 - tried two and the second one was something else, the tales of "every Gibbo is its own beast" couldn't be more accurate. I'm so glad I found a "cheeky one" as I like to think of it!

I also checked her serial number - she's only 3 months old bless her! :)

Archived