Gibson Brands Forums

Our excellent Tallinn gig

EuroAussie

As I hinted we had this gig in Tallinn, Estonia on Thursday night. (Estonia is essentially a Nordic country, same level as Stockholm, with even prettier women, if thats possible).

This was a global conference related to my work, advertising, so these guys like to party and have a darn good time.

There was about 70 attendees and on final night we had a group dinner at the Estonian Academy of Sciences ballroom. An amazing example of Baroque architecture and wonderful ambience. High ceilings, wooden floors.

The co-ordinator who is a big fan of the band convinced the main man to fly my singer in to play at the Academy as the closing party.

We were tickled pink and have to say it was probably the best or definitely in the top three gigs of all time. It started all pleasant and by the end when we played Born to Be Wild and Creep three hours later it was just a massive party, 200 shots later.

It was the first time I ever had a roadie (and its addictive) as we hired the equipment (PA, mixer etc..) and he set it all up and packed it after. Was great to play through a really decent (300 watt) PA as the sound was very open and spread beautifully through the room.

I used the HB TV for most of the gig which to me sounded splendid, and also the new AJ for a few songs when we had another guy play tasty harp on the bluesier numbers. Unfortunately somebody knocked over the camera for 2nd set and it damaged the file so I dont have footage of the AJ (but have a look at the next thread about the AJ review, will follow this).

So in the meantime heres some pics of this magnificent venue and also a couple vids of the first two songs and also a bday singalong for the big boss who signed off on the budget so we made his day with his fave track.

As I wrote earlier on way back we played a few tunes for the Lufthansa girls on the flight back to top it all off.

Overall great PR for our office and many of the big wigs who came from NYC, London, Chicago said it was the best company party they've experienced, so its a massive win for us, and a good way to go out as my singer will be leaving on a 3 month work placement so its our last gig for some time ...!

Heres a few pics and vids of the first two tracks, before it got messy, enjoy, lot of fun !

IMG_4108.jpg

IMG_4106.jpg

IMG_4109.jpg

Great stuff! Gibson should use you in an ad...." Euroaussie was once just a struggling ad man...til he bought himself a Hummingbird...(cut to you, sipping bourbon between songs cradling the bird) "now he plays the palaces of Europe....when only a Gibson will do" [thumbup]

Funny you should say that FB ... ;-)

MarkknowsthedifferenceGibson.jpg

Great stuff! Gibson should use you in an ad...." Euroaussie was once just a struggling ad man...til he bought himself a Hummingbird...(cut to you, sipping bourbon between songs cradling the bird) "now he plays the palaces of Europe....when only a Gibson will do" [thumbup]

Another adventure - this time in a crystal palace.

The basic DoubleShot did great in Behind. B E.

The right mix of control and soul.

And what a nice long, well timed bass-hummmmmm in the end.

That's you in the ad???!! Brilliant! Finger pickin?' too [thumbup]

Nah, nah ... I found this ad when I was back in Oz and dug up my old Guitar World Acoustic magazines from the 90's in my partents place, or my old bedroom. I took a photo of it because the actual description of the character perfectly describes my situation .... scary almost ...[scared] I guess its called good tartetting in the biz !

Archived