Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone got a 1962 50th Anniversary Sheraton?

ant7629

Well my new guitar is finally in!!! The store left a message last Friday and I missed it. The owner said the new one is flawless. I'm going today to put down an additional 200 dollars and I should be able to take her home by the end of the month.

[thumbup]

Remember, Photos, when you get it! We "Need" those... [biggrin]

CB

Well I have about 500 left to pay before I take her home, but this new one is absolutely flawless. Its #1300 something out of 1962. It wont let me post a pic from my phone :(

Sweet! I'm waiting for my call from Long & McQuade to make my day too! These are already unavailable at some retailers and we're just receiving ours now. Good thing we ordered when we did! Seems like most of us ordered the Cherry...

Here she is : 531726_10101314601669785_1943091340_n.jpg

Awe dude that is SO sweet! I'll bet you're gushing. :-) The tailpiece looks brushed vs. woodish as seen in original pics, I like it better. Does the case shut ok with the arm folded back? I ordered mine with the Frequensator tailpiece but now I'm thinking, hmmm....?

Awe dude that is SO sweet! I'll bet you're gushing. :-) The tailpiece looks brushed vs. woodish as seen in original pics, I like it better. Does the case shut ok with the arm folded back? I ordered mine with the Frequensator tailpiece but now I'm thinking, hmmm....?

Yes it does fit in the case if you rotate the arm back to the left. I'll take better pics of the whole guitar and shoot a vid when I pick her up in a few weeks.

Well my tax returns came in today, Guess who's having a NGD on his lunch break? :)

Go get 'er Yogi! Well mine finally arrived, #821, 2 days after hernia surgery so my time with her has been limited but what a beaut. The Cherry finish was not scraped very well from the headstock binding but hey, I've seen much worse on Gibby's. The neck is 2 mm wider at the 12th fret than my Valensi Riviera and overall a bit thinner from front to back too but still is a great neck.

I will likely add my Gold Bigsby B7 with a good roller bridge. Any thoughts on which choices are out there for a Nashville style roller bridge with a 12" radius? Can't seen to attach this picture straight, grrrr!

post-50017-064263200 1361809006_thumb.jpg

Go get 'er Yogi! Well mine finally arrived, #821, 2 days after hernia surgery so my time with her has been limited but what a beaut. The Cherry finish was not scraped very well from the headstock binding but hey, I've seen much worse on Gibby's. The neck is 2 mm wider at the 12th fret than my Valensi Riviera and overall a bit thinner from front to back too but still is a great neck.

I will likely add my Gold Bigsby B7 with a good roller bridge. Any thoughts on which choices are out there for a Nashville style roller bridge with a 12" radius? Can't seen to attach this picture straight, grrrr!

Nice looking Git! Yeah I notice on mine that there is a little finish bleed into the binding, but no biggie. Picked her up and she is a beaut. Plugged her into my 1963 Gibson Atlas and she sang! Still trying to dial her in with my board and amp, but so far this one is a keeper. Quick thoughts:

Pros:

Pickups are wonderful, kills the minihums in my 1978 Gibson Les Paul.

Weight is just right IMO

Beautifully figured wood on back, Cherry finish is just the right shade.

Case is well built and cool in grey

Cons:

Small finish imperfections ( cherry bleed into binding in a few areas)

Finish inbetween the neck and the neck pickup looks a little shoddy, but its in area you can't really see unless you are looking over the guitar with a magnifying glass.

Overall I'm extremely pleased with this guitar so far and the issues I found IMO are minor and are pretty common in this price range even in MIA guitars in this range

312444_10101336209123275_1787962167_n.jpg

526121_10101336208744035_1908947187_n.jpg

76023_10101336208299925_2114598377_n.jpg

11010_10101336210141235_858325353_n.jpg

528337_10101336229976485_2131338150_n.jpg

And to top it off after 13 years of shopping at my local shop I finally made their website/facebook! As strange as it sounds its a weird honor. I remember as a kid their old store was covered with the photos of all of their customers going back to the late 80/early 90s. Its cool to finally be in the club! If you are in Alabama I cannot recommend Guitar Gallery of Tuscaloosa and Pelham enough!

MEGG_zpsb2f46026.jpg

And to top it off after 13 years of shopping at my local shop I finally made their website/facebook! As strange as it sounds its a weird honor. I remember as a kid their old store was covered with the photos of all of their customers going back to the late 80/early 90s. Its cool to finally be in the club! If you are in Alabama I cannot recommend Guitar Gallery of Tuscaloosa and Pelham enough!

You're famous! And dig that sexy redhead!

anyone considering a

Haha that was one of the first things i thought of when they first announced the line. I think it's beautiful in cherry, sort of a perfect meld of the union jack sherrie and his 355.

I was in GC today and played with a frequensator 62. I had played with the tremotone one and found it a bit lacking, but this one today really sang. definitely a step up in all-around quality from the sheraton II, and as I said before if i didn't have a semi-hollow (and if i had the cash) i would absolutely buy it without thinking twice. I'm wondering now whether we'll see them pop up much on the used market or whether they'll stay in 1962 sets of hands for awhile.

• 2 weeks later...

62SheratonwithBigsby_zps09d474f6.jpg

Hey guys! Well here is #821, finally, with my Bigsby B7 and Wilkinson locking roller bridge. I've also added locking Grover tuners, had the nut and frets dressed and yikes, what a player! It stays in tune extremely well and is now my go-to axe for just about anything. I trust you're all enjoying yours as well!