Gibson Brands Forums

Lucas sells to Disney - Star Wars Ep 7, 8 & 9 will be made

BigKahune

A decade since George Lucas said "Star Wars" was finished on the big screen, a new trilogy under new ownership is destined for theaters after The Walt Disney Co. announced Tuesday that it was buying Lucasfilm Ltd. from him for $4.05 billion.

The seventh movie, with a working title of "Episode 7," is set for release in 2015. Episodes 8 and 9 will follow. The trilogy will continue the story of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia beyond "Return of the Jedi," the third film released and the sixth in the saga.

Article - here and here.

A decade since George Lucas said "Star Wars" was finished on the big screen, a new trilogy under new ownership is destined for theaters after The Walt Disney Co. announced Tuesday that it was buying Lucasfilm Ltd. from him for $4.05 billion.

The seventh movie, with a working title of "Episode 7," is set for release in 2015. Episodes 8 and 9 will follow. The trilogy will continue the story of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia beyond "Return of the Jedi," the third film released and the sixth in the saga.

Article - here and here.

WOW... didnt see that coming.. mind you Disney seem to be buying everything so I shouldnt be suprised.. Disney Star Wars :-k really not sure about that....

Disney Star Wars lol

90% of what Disney makes sucks. They're going to ruin one of my favorite series.

How could they possibly be any worse than what George has done with the prequels. I have never sat through a movies with dialogue so boring and delivery so flat.

How could they possibly be any worse than what George has done with the prequels. I have never sat through a movies with dialogue so boring and delivery so flat.

Here here. I thought Eps. 1-3 were anything from below-average to downright terrible. They should quit while they're ahead, but when there is money involved, no one ever does.

Am I the only one who rember George Lucas saying he had every intention of making 9 movies since he started Empire Strikes Back? He simply decided to wait for technology to catch up with his vision. I've been waiting for these 6 episodes since I was 9!! He never once said Star Wars was finished on the big screen.

As far as Disney doing it, I hope he keeps a lot of power as creative consultant. Lucas Films was always kind of the Anti-Disney production, there has to be tragedy and darkness.

The best of all the movies to come out so far has been The Empire Strikes Back if you ask me. I do see the lower quality of script in the 3 pre-quills but I did/do like all of them just because it ties all the movies together and they look really cool. But you have to remember that the very first one was a low budget flick that came out prity darn good. Sorta like the Terminator films.

Honestly, I think the aforementioned SW 4-6 actors were miffed they had NO part in SW 1-3. Not even a walk-on cameo or the time honored, make Hamel the father of Annakin, or somethin'.

Sadly, I suspect the aforementioned SW 4-6 actors will be shut out of these episodes as well.

Question.. what happens in the story line? All of the bad guys are dead. Is there 'another' leader of the dark side we have not seen? Will this be a redux of 1-6? In the aftermath of the fall of the Evil Empire, will the allies in that conflict renew old planetary grudges suppressed while they together drove out the Empire? This would be a similar the historic alliances of the Balkan states when they pushed out the Ottomans. Only to go after each other with pitchforks and hammer handles over divvying up the spoils.

Maybe they could stop the Mega Super Colossal Nova that threatens to destroy their cosmos, only to lose that battle as the Mega Super Colossal Nova creates the current cosmos we know.

Such fodder for story lines. I suspect WD will probably kiss the pooch on this one. SW after Lucas might be it's "Norlin Years" just as WD was never the same after the death of WD.

Honestly, I think the aforementioned SW 4-6 actors were miffed they had NO part in SW 1-3. Not even a walk-on cameo or the time honored, make Hamel the father of Annakin, or somethin'.

Sadly, I suspect the aforementioned SW 4-6 actors will be shut out of these episodes as well.

Question.. what happens in the story line? All of the bad guys are dead. Is there 'another' leader of the dark side we have not seen? Will this be a redux of 1-6? In the aftermath of the fall of the Evil Empire, will the allies in that conflict renew old planetary grudges suppressed while they together drove out the Empire? This would be a similar the historic alliances of the Balkan states when they pushed out the Ottomans. Only to go after each other with pitchforks and hammer handles over divvying up the spoils.

Maybe they could stop the Mega Super Colossal Nova that threatens to destroy their cosmos, only to lose that battle as the Mega Super Colossal Nova creates the current cosmos we know.

Such fodder for story lines. I suspect WD will probably kiss the pooch on this one. SW after Lucas might be it's "Norlin Years" just as WD was never the same after the death of WD.

That emperor was a clone, one of many, there are lots more and other Death Stars being built and already functioning. There are... other guys also.

That emperor was a clone, one of many, there are lots more and other Death Stars being built and already functioning. There are... other guys also.

Ahhhh yes, the clone. Reminds me of some Warner Brothers, 'Instant'Martians. [scared]

Archived