Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Jackson Browne

Motherofpearl

Got my JB in the mail today from music villa. As Dan said I took a big whiff and strum the EM. Man incredible! This 1.8 nut width or whatever ill admit I was concerned but is not an issue at all the neck feels great. The body is huge but not uncomfortable. I gotta say I'm truly impressed. Sounds great strummed. My finger picking is not good but it rings clear and true there too. The low end really surprised me its deep.

Anyway I'm truly satisfied and can't wait to get back to playing here is a couple phone pics for now.

E866F2EB-5744-44EC-A1A7-2236D66962D5-534-00000016E98881C2.jpg

49560DCD-D250-40AF-A731-AB6C7368E69F-534-00000016D767FE9D.jpg

Congratulations on your acquisition of a really unique Gibson acoustic guitar. "The Jackson Browne" is quite unlike any other Gibson model; in appearance, "feel", and tone. And yet, when you play it, it's very obviously a "Gibson" (in the best sense of the word). And once you get adapted to that "one of a kind feel", you suddenly realize what a special guitar you're playing.

Happy NGD to you.

Jack6849

Congrats on a great purchase. When I got mine in March of last year, I did my best to not like it due to the high price tag and the 45 day return policy of the store I bought it from. But there's nothing to not like about this guitar, especially for fingerpicking.It is truly unique in that it's a real cannon with a fairly strong bass and yet it has such great clarity on all the strings. This is one guitar I'll never part with and I bet you'll feel the same. I saw JB in concert last week. He had the usual large arsenal of acoustics (most of them "vintage") and played several of these during his performance.To my ears they sounded as good as anything else he used. Once again, congrats on aquiring a great axe.

Larry

Awesome, Motherofpearl. Congratulations. Looks great. Really lovely. I can only imagine how good it sounds. Gibson and Jackson Browne really seem to have hit a home run with model in every respect.

AND the pickguard doesn't cover or touch the rosette (a big concern around here!).

I'm glad to hear your adjustment the JB's dimenions was easy. Continue to give updates as you spend more time with her. Enjoy!

Red 333

Congrats! I remember talking to Ren about the Walnut back and sides. I was complimenting them on the choice and probably looked like one of those girls you see in the crowd at an Elvis concert. It was worth it.

I just did 2 recordings one of the JB and one of my j60 walnut. They are darn close in comparison. Now how do I upload sound bites

You need to upload them on soundcloud for example or youtube and then simply copy the link and past it here. Looking forward to it.

Archived