Gibson Brands Forums

Turn It Up!

fingers galore

Looks to be interesting. The movie "Honeydipper" takes place in the rural south when performers of small backwoods clubs started using electric guitars, sometimes homemade, though the music thing was somewhat of a sub plot for a supporting character.

Looks to be interesting. The movie "Honeydipper" takes place in the rural south when performers of small backwoods clubs started using electric guitars, sometimes homemade, though the music thing was somewhat of a sub plot for a supporting character.

I could swear I just got hustled. Man, that is just weird. All that money, all them guys in it, all that advertising for at least the two major American Electric Guitar Makers, and they have to ask me for money?

rct

I could swear I just got hustled. Man, that is just weird. All that money, all them guys in it, all that advertising for at least the two major American Electric Guitar Makers, and they have to ask me for money?

rct

Crazy, innit... Was just thinking the same. I have no doubt that these guys are legit though, my girlfriend works in film. It's relentless...

Raising money for licensing?

That's probably one of the more expensive bits of the film. I assume they didn't pay Slash or Kevin Bacon, they must have volunteered to make it. If you don't have a major production company behind you, financing stuff is very difficult. I have to say though that I'm a bit surprised abou the colour correction thing. These guys must have miscalculated their costs big time. But as they said, they shot a lot more stuff than they thought they would...

But in the end, for the product they have, I don't think they need to do this crowd-funding thing. It looks like a really cool film (although it has, to be fair, quite a niche appeal).

That's probably one of the more expensive bits of the film. I assume they didn't pay Slash or Kevin Bacon, they must have volunteered to make it. If you don't have a major production company behind you, financing stuff is very difficult. I have to say though that I'm a bit surprised abou the colour correction thing. These guys must have miscalculated their costs big time. But as they said, they shot a lot more stuff than they thought they would...

But in the end, for the product they have, I don't think they need to do this crowd-funding thing. It looks like a really cool film (although it has, to be fair, quite a niche appeal).

I get that hiring 'cerleberties' can be expensive. I am questioning the "raising money" and "licensing" part.

It seems like it would be easy enough to just agree to a portion of the proceeds along with limitations of use when it comes to that aspect.

I ain't exactly a 'hollywood insider', but this I have never seem before. And, it seems real odd.

Archived