Gibson Brands Forums

What Les Paul is Neil Schon Playing in This Video??

DuaLeaD

Please help!! It is so gorgeous!!

The split-block inlays make it look like a Les Paul Supreme, but I know this concert predates that product by about 30 years...Is it a 25th Anniversary Les Paul Custom??

1981 Live in Houston DVD...Probably one of the greastest Journey concerts of all time. Neil is at the top of his game here and this concert definitely helped seal the deal when it came to my decision to buying a Les Paul or not....

I have to hurry and buy it before December 31st, 1978?! We better fire up the DeLorian!! That's almost 7 years before I was born haha :) Well Neil certainly had great taste in guitars and this one is absolutely breath-taking. I love how the burst changes colors under the different stage lights. It sounds absolutely amazing. Anyone know the value of such a guitar on today's market? Thanks for pinning this one down you guys, you're really pro!

Damn right Leo - they are great Norlins even if they do bugger my shoulder up!

I don't have a Norlin LP but I do have a Norlin 1974 ES 335 and that is a great guitar. I bought it in 1985 for $400 from a guy who was selling it to buy an EVH era Kramer. Then after Slash brought Gibson back to life and everybody started dumping Kramers, I bought some great Kramers for less than $200. Generally speaking the bad rap on Norlin Gibsons is not justified. They did a lot of experimentation and innovation with guitar designs and I guess that just freaks the me-2 herd out. But thank goodness for that me-2 Herd because buying what they are dumping is a great way to get some great guitars cheap. I can't believe how inexpensive 1980s Kramers equipped with Duncans and OFRs are now.

Archived