Gibson Brands Forums

Teen Town ( Jaco Pastorius ) by Marcus Miller ( live )

Searcy

I remember when Jaco played this song with Weather Report. They were an awesome band. Josef Zuwenal used to play a lot of the horn parts on the synthesizer. He never made that type of

keyboard sound cheesy. And of course there was Wayne Shorter playing the Soprano Saxophone. Jaco was one of the many monster bass players that played with that band. There was also

Miraslav Vitos, Alphonse Johnson, and Anthony Jackson.

I remember when Jaco played this song with Weather Report. They were an awesome band. Josef Zawinul used to play a lot of the horn parts on the synthesizer. He never made that type of keyboard sound cheesy. And of course there was Wayne Shorter playing the Soprano Saxophone. Jaco was one of the many monster bass players that played with that band. Also Miroslav Vitous, Alphonso Johnson, and Victor Bailey.

They were my favourite band for many years. Jaco apparently used to hate Zawinul's doubling of his bass lines, but he would have dug Marcus Miller slapping 'Teentown' - really something! Marcus was asked to join Weather Report the same week as he got a call from Miles, according to the book 'The Last Miles'. And later wrote, arranged and played most of 'Tutu'...

Archived