Gibson Brands Forums

Wee fella on a Gibson

ParlourMan

It's cool to see little kiddies getting down on a guitar every once & awhile. that's a subject I search on YouTube every know and then. Some are better than others but I hink the most important thing is that the youngsters are given a fair chance when judged by their elders.

The young don't really need fair judgement, the world is theirs after all... All us know-better's just like to hear ourselves once in a while, claim it was better in our day etc... despite our challenged relevance. I just bought the weeman's album, a sound beyond his years, a memorable if not universally popular voice with quirky pronunciation, Shamelessly playing country while sporting a fourth generation indie frontman haircut, the half shy, half moody demeanor. Shades of the La's, shades of Howie Payne, nuanced nods to the obvious influences. Valiant effort for a kid of his age doing the singer/songwriter thing and a reasonable record with all parameters discarded. If more 16 year old kids were doing this instead of pretending to be Will.I.Am the world would be a jauntier, toe-tappier sort of place.

Now you're talking
PM
– I forgive you everything.

You didn't seriously think I was a fan of manufactured xfactor type stuff did you?The ridiculous stuff I might hack&slash in a covers band and what I'd sit and listen to are two very different things. I never even really play through my parts for the cover stuff at home far less listen to the originals.

You didn't seriously think I was a fan of manufactured xfactor type stuff did you?The ridiculous stuff I might hack&slash in a covers band and what I'd sit and listen to are two very different things. I never even really play through my parts for the cover stuff at home far less listen to the originals.

PM, we never know with you. You have such a deadpan way with words, it's sometimes hard to hear the irony on the page........

That kid may be really, really good in a couple of years, when his voice matures a bit. I like his style a lot. Just needs to get some miles on his voice, and get past that awkward teenager quality.

He could look like the son of Jagger and Richards - in my book he hits the image of a timeless rockfolk adventurer.

You didn't seriously think I was a fan of manufactured xfactor type stuff did you?

Didn't think that much about it, but probably not as your own musical contributions here spoke of something different, not poppy.

I hope so NIck , because I think I like the noise of rats rather than this kids voice !

Funny - I think it's really good. And listen to him sing heart at 1:27 -

In fact I believe this way of singing/sounding is or has been a style-trend. Recall hearing others in that vein. Wild Sweet Orange f.x.

Archived