Gibson Brands Forums

Three versions of Cats Squirrl

jaxson50

Have to admit I'm a words guy and the words can do the most good or bad to make or brake a song, all aspects of writing/composing are needed to make a great song or to make a song stand out at least. As far as the music goes I like the Cream version but the Doc Ross take has word's, or at least there are words in there, it would have been better if you'd been able to understand the words better but for that reason, I have to go with Doc's version for an, all around better of the 3.

It's like comparing Granny Smiths to Macintosh Reds.....

:blink:

Very different treatments and I like all three. Whichever I thought 'Best' would be down to my mood at the time, I'm afraid.

Is that 'On The Fence' enough......?

LOL!

FWIW at the moment I'm in an 'Indulge Eric Clapton' mood it would seem.........

P.

Feel good music always make me feel good. Doc Ross did so much with so little, never had the production tools others used. Cream and J T honored him by bringing his music to a audience who other wise would never known anything about him. The only let down to me is how many people still think so many of the old blues that made their way into Rock, was the original work of the Rock artist who covered them. Doc Ross, and many others like Willie Dixon changed rock for ever, yet few rockers even know their name.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived