Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Triage

CMP800 - Link Error

Hi I have a customer inquiring about a CMP800 problem with the screen saying LINK ERROR. Any help as to what this may be & how it can be overcome?

Cheers

I have the same probleme with one of my CMP 800 link error flash non stop and no button or switch respond other than the on off switch

I'm good probleme solve thanks to my service tech from Eriksonaudio Canada

Let your player on and wait it will start after a while then enter menu and change USB setting from link to midi

Dont Forget to save...

Link mode works fine at first, but after a while the cmp.800 link mode stops working and sometimes eats USB drives abut once a week, fully corrupting all files inside the drive. Once this issue happens then itwill just say " reading ..." forever. Sometimes you can fix the issue by rebooting the cmp.800, but sometimes it is actually corrupted on the disk itself and you need to format the disk and re-copy the files.

Hi, I have the same problem. The player flashes 'LINK ERROR' all the time and doesn't react to any button presses (even the Menu one). Is there a way to reset the player to standard factory settings or force reboot it? I dont find anything like that in the manual...