Gibson Brands Forums

E M Shorts Guitars and wildwood.

Paulnumbfingers

You can't go wrong with Wildwood. I live close enough to have purchased several guitars there in person, and they are really great folks to deal with. If you have any questions about the guitars, give them a call, I think you'll be impressed.Good luck!

I've dealt with E.M. Shorts before. Bought a nice Epiphone Texan from them. Good price, plus no tax because I'm in a different state. Called them again when I was looking for a Gibby CJ165. They couldn't touch Guitar Center's price, even considering I wouldn't have to pay the tax. The guy was honest and told me that GC's price was real sweet. Anyway, when I bought the Epiphone Texan, they were real helpful and friendly. Let's face it, I wasn't spending 2-3 grand, just a few hundred. Yet, they set it up real nice, asked me what kind of strings I wanted on it, got it to me in three days, added a new/scratched case for $25, and they called me a month later to ask how I liked the guitar. I'd have no problem dealing with them again.

Has anyone had experience with a music store in Wichita Kansas called EM Shorts. I am looking to buy a guitar and they have the best prices. What about wildwood guitars? Thanks.

Wildwood guitars was great to deal with. No complaints here, except that I went in looking for a Hummingbird, and walked out with a JB. Are you going to these stores, or is this a contemplated internet purchase?

Wildwood guitars was great to deal with. No complaints here, except that I went in looking for a Hummingbird, and walked out with a JB. Are you going to these stores, or is this a contemplated internet purchase?

This would be an Internet purchase. I heard the guitar video and so I am somewhat comfortable trusting them on the tone of the guitar and I have played them locally. The problem locally is the price and the tax on top of it. EM Short Quoted me a price about $600 cheaper than local (not including tax) and wildwood is about $250 more than EMS. Wildwood has the video of the actual guitar and it sounds great. I guess I am trying decide what benefit there would be to paying wildwood a $250 premium. Then I guess I am crossing my fingers that the gibson sounds and feels as good as the local one or the one I heard on the video.

I have not heard of any duds coming out of Bozeman lately - I'd cross my fingers and save the $250. Just flat out ask the guys at EM Shorts if this is a good one or not, likely is fine. I bought my 2010 J-45TV sight unseen, but from a salesperson out of state that I have dealt with for many years on many guitars, and I love it. Are you looking for slope shoulder?

I have not heard of any duds coming out of Bozeman lately - I'd cross my fingers and save the $250. Just flat out ask the guys at EM Shorts if this is a good one or not, likely is fine. I bought my 2010 J-45TV sight unseen, but from a salesperson out of state that I have dealt with for many years on many guitars, and I love it. Are you looking for slope shoulder?

My first gibson, a j45 standard. Played one at gc and liked it.

I would not hesitate buying a Guitar from EM Shorts. They are straight shooters and they seem to consistently have the best prices on Gibson's. $250.00 extra for "customer service" sounds weak to me. I'd bet EM Shorts would match such service. Seeing and hearing a Guitar on a video is nice but it wouldn't be a deal breaker if the other shop didn't have one. Be sure to ask about their return policy. Not sure what you are buying but I'd have no reservations buying a J-45TV sight unseen.

Archived