Gibson Brands Forums

Band Fails

daveinspain

Breaking a stick like that one guy is considered a win. That's practically a one in a million shot.

My drummer got a weird break on one of his sticks only once. It was a perfect half circle that chipped out. He doubts it will ever happen again.

The stick stuck on the cymbal cracked me up. The best part was how long it took him to realize where it went. Well, of course, this happens to me with my picks. It's gotten to the point where the first place I look now is inside my acoustic guitar when I lose my pick! The really weird part is that I'm playing my electric. :unsure:

The stick stuck on the cymbal cracked me up. The best part was how long it took him to realize where it went. Well, of course, this happens to me with my picks. It's gotten to the point where the first place I look now is inside my acoustic guitar when I lose my pick! The really weird part is that I'm playing my electric. :unsure:

Yeah those devious little plectrums like to disappear on floors, between chair cushions, under amps .... keep a pocket full handy.

A couple years ago I was playing a gig and found that my cable had wrapped itself around my legs and I fell into the drummers rack and actually did some damage to my back. I managed to not miss a beat and continued to play. We hadn't been back in that area for about three years and when I was on a set break, some guy walks up and says, "I remember I saw you playing a couple years ago and you fell into the drums". I had to laugh that somebody would remember that... What do you do though? If you can't laugh at yourself...

These videos are cracking me up [laugh] . One time we were doing a gig at a bar and our drummers throne broke and down on his arse he goes I believe taking the snare with him. Our bass player gets on the mike as says "I think you better switch to lite beer" :D The only time we ever had to stop playing mid song.

Buy guitar strap locks and make sure your guitar strap is in good condition if you want to twirl your guitar around your body... eusa_clap.gif

Even more bizarre is his comment at the 2:37 mark; "That's the second time that's happened!".

[blink]

](*,)

I hope he's learned his lesson by now.....

P.

Once time I had climbed up on top of the bar to play my solo to "Black Magic Woman" (actually "Gypsy Queen", the tail-end jam part), and as I was stepping down to go back to the stage to end the song, the bar stool I stepped on spun around and sent me right the floor landing on my back. Never missing a beat, I dragged myself up and got back to the stage without further embarrassment.

The only thing seriously bruised was my EGO!

Archived