Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson ES-335 1999 Ltd. Edition

Delta_Foxtrot

Can't say I've ever seen another one quite like it, they came out with this model in 1999.. not sure how many were produced however. Has the Limited Edition emblem on the back of the headstock. In any case, I'm not sure whether I'm going to keep it or sell it yet. Has 57' Classics pups, Grover tuners and an Ebony fretboard with block inlays. Replaced the stop bar with a wraparound tailpiece. It plays great! What do you guys think of it? Was also considering putting some P-94s in it if I decide to keep it, or at least replace the neck pickup.

Photobucket link: http://s1049.beta.photobucket.com/user/Brysenjg/media/DSC08008.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

It's gorgeous. Only possibly out-prettied by a Koa-top from Custom shop, IMHO. [thumbup]

I am a die-hard 'bucker fan, so I would never swap the P-94 in. [thumbdn]

Also, be aware any mods will almost always affect resale, and KEEP ALL ORIGINAL PARTS, whatever you do. [tongue]

And thanks for sharing a great pic of an axe to be proud of!

Thanks! Yeah I'm thinking I will wait on replacing any of the pups and give it a shot the way it is for a while. Playing through a Gibson Explorer 1967 GA-15rvt, the combination of the two is excellent. I'm still getting used to sound of humbuckers; been playing strats/teles all my life.

However if the humbuckers don't work out, does anyone know of good P-90s that will fit into a humbucker. I've heard of Phat cats, P-94s and Z-90s..and thats about it. Was actually considering looking into Klein's line of single coil pups that will fit into humbucker routes and rings but haven't found much feedback on them at all.

Archived