Gibson Brands Forums

Another Babe from the 60's-70's

MissouriPicker

Was surfing YouTube today and stumbled onto this. I'd almost forgotten about this gal. She was definitly a babe back-in-the-day. Saw her "live" once at The University of Missouri and she sounded and looked real good. Had a friend who met her backstage and he said she was drop-dead gorgeous up close. Anyway, lots of talent. Usually just her and a guitar. Maybe another picker with her onstage.

Was surfing YouTube today and stumbled onto this. I'd almost forgotten about this gal. She was definitly a babe back-in-the-day. Saw her "live" once at The University of Missouri and she sounded and looked real good. Had a friend who met her backstage and he said she was drop-dead gorgeous up close. Anyway, lots of talent. Usually just her and a guitar. Maybe another picker with her onstage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJRvYg_JZmI&feature=related

I agree 100%

During gigs in the late 1960s and early 1970s we used to take her songs, mess around with the lyrics, get some vocals with a real pronounced quaver going, and just do horrible things to them.

Let's face it, her songs really were asking to have this done. I thought then (and still think) that she's a sweet, talented, slightly flaky girl. I bit of a flower child, and that's not a bad thing.

Archived