Gibson Brands Forums

Amp Advice to Christmas Gift

Danner

Thanks for the info!!!! I also have a small Vox VR15. Just a bedroom jammer and both my amps are great. Yes love my Egnater tube head and the vox has one tube. I wanted to give the new amps a try and this looked like a great fit to my heard!! Plus I got it for a great price and should be here on WED!!!! Ya going to get the 4 button footswitch for sure!!!!

Sorry for the HYJACK!!! ROCK ON!!!!

excellent, you're not going to be disappointed.

Danner did you get the Egnater? My Mustage3 will be here today!!! 4 button footswitch $53.99 free shipping off EBay later this week!!! Go grab a amp!!!!! [thumbup]

Not yet. But to tell you the truth, that Mustang III looks very interesting. I might just go that route and see how I like all the amp models before spending 3 times as much on a proper tube rig.

Not yet. But to tell you the truth, that Mustang III looks very interesting. I might just go that route and see how I like all the amp models before spending 3 times as much on a proper tube rig.

Ya go grab one at zzounds $274.99 free 10 foot cabel(39.99) and free shipping. Just got mine!! But missed out on the cable deal.....Not a big deal. But ya got to go open the box now.... [thumbup]

Danner, it's a very versatile amplifier, and it's going to give you a whole bunch of usable sounds, I've gone side by side with my tube amps, and yes, you're going to hear some subtle differences, I will not deny that, but they just go away in the din of jamming with backing tracks or with other players.

It's one of the better modeling amps I think around. I had a Vox AD30VT, and I thought that sounded fine, but the mustang blew my mind. It's just a blast to play on,

The biggest advantage I see from this to the vox amps are the options you can dial in for stomp boxes and effects like, you can have reverb, compressor, delay, modulation all simultaneously, and with the four btn swtich you can shut them off individually as needed, (just like you had stomp boxes or a pedal board in front of you. Plus the ft sw. allows you to use the tuner of the floor unit,, tres cool!)

I was not able to do any of that with my Vox Valvetronix, Very limited to the effects combo options, like you can't have reverb and delay, one or the other is all you get. (the new ones maybe better equipped), But I'm not sure,

and once you install Fuse software and get the PC's usb port hooked up to the amp, you have an endless combination of things you can tweak and setup and store.

Also I think the III is the way to go verses the II more punch (100 watts, stock is a better speaker, and a superior user interface by way of the LCD screen to the Mustang II)

I was at a open jam a few weeks ago, I put it on the floor, plugged in a guitar cable, and dropped the 4 button foot switch in front of me - off to the races, the other guitar players there came up after I walked off and asked "Ok.. what the hell is that? It sounded unreal!" when I told them what it was, and how much they go for, they were stunned. One of the guys pinged me a few days later and said "well now look what you've done, I had to have one. I luv it.."

so far, I've been very pleased, no regrets.

OK this thing is big!!! And looks tough!!! Very nice looking too.... I am just blown away and I have not even pluged it in yet... Just got of the Fender/Fuse sites to reg, and WOW lots of very kool things are waiting me. You have to plug the amps UBS cable to laptop to let the softeware see your amp and then your all set. Not to high tek myself so I have not link up yet but will.

Now I am off to power it up and just play with it out of the box. Will set up Fuse thing over the weekend and give update....

Did I say this amp ooks very dam KOOL!!!!

Hi folks, OP here, yet again.

I am this close >|< to ordering an Egnater Rebel 20, and maybe a couple pedals (reverb and compression) to plug in the effects loop.

Can I recommend you get the MXR Carbon Copy analog delay. You'll get some great tones with that pedal and for country a slap back setting would be ideal.

Archived