Gibson Brands Forums

Bigfoot.

LarryUK

I'd like to live in a world where they exist, but I really can't say. The wilderness out west is pretty huge in places, and there are spots that are not easily accessible for humans. Unless they biodegrade quickly, or migrate to a specific secret area to die, I'm surprised nobody has found a body or skeleton or something. One thing to keep in mind though, not all of the creatures on the planet have been discovered and logged by humans yet. As Fox Mulder would say: I want to believe.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not believe in "believing" in things. They either exist or they do not. As of right now, there in no empirical evidence to prove the existence of "Bigfoot" so therefore it does not exist. No evidence is no evidence. If they existed we would have found them by now.

I know rangers that have been at Yellowstone for 20 plus years, and they routinely warn people about Mountain Lions, by whatever name. There is an entire workforce out there that has currently never seen evidence of any kind of a Mountain Lion existing, and there are "believed" to be 100 or so at most at any given time in that gazillion square nothings of miles of wilderness. Entire populations of people who have the job of knowing this stuff have absolutely no evidence that those things are out there. By your reckoning, they do not exist and need not be a concern to peoples. What do you say to that?

Just curious, just love love love it out there, not fighting or arguing with you. Did I mention we love love love it out there? Headed out in February, deep deep winter in Yellowstone, hope to hear...absolutely nothing!

rct

So, does Big Foot bury his Sh@#t or what? Or does he just go back to the spaceship and use the privy.

I've only caught a couple glimpses of Bobcats in the mountains, but I've come across Bobcat Scat and marked territories. Unless Bigfoot Scat and Bear Scat are exactly the same I'd say, "No Sh@#t, No Bigfoot."

So, does Big Foot bury his Sh@#t or what? Or does he just go back to the spaceship and use the privy.

I've only caught a couple glimpses of Bobcats in the mountains, but I've come across Bobcat Scat and marked territories. Unless Bigfoot Scat and Bear Scat are exactly the same I'd say, "No Sh@#t, No Bigfoot."

Bobcat Scat... sounds like a great title for a jazzy little blues number.

An excellent point. BobCat, Lynx, whatever the name, leave their poop out where you can find it, because they want you to find it, so you know there is other BobCatses around. Key words: Want You To Find It. Mountain Lion, the biggest cat predator in America, does not want you to find his poop, and you don't. By your reckoning, Bigfootses could do the very same, and rangers would have to warn people about them, even though there is no poop.

rct

An excellent point. BobCat, Lynx, whatever the name, leave their poop out where you can find it, because they want you to find it, so you know there is other BobCatses around. Key words: Want You To Find It. Mountain Lion, the biggest cat predator in America, does not want you to find his poop, and you don't. By your reckoning, Bigfootses could do the very same, and rangers would have to warn people about them, even though there is no poop.

rct

Hmm, didn't know that about Mt. Lions. Maybe Bigfeet keep them as pets.

If there really was a species of bigfoot, as I see it, they would have no natural enemy. Man hasn't killed one. And what other species would be able to kill one?

So if that was true, wouldn't they be populating the earth like crazy?

They certainly would be. And we certainly would have found one by now.

I've never heard anyone bring that point up before.

EXACTLY!

No bodies, no bones, no poop, NOTHING! No evidence, to spite the fact that at least SOME would be killed by something somewhere at some point.

No hello, no checking us out, no nothing from Bigfoot. If there was such a reason to avoid us, they would have got that from somewhere.

It is a good point, but it assumes that Bigfoots reproduce indiscriminantly like people do. Maybe they don't. Maybe they see no value in super hot 16 year old daughters knocked up before they can even get a job. Maybe they see the relationship between numbers of inhabitants and the environment.

Or not. Them Bigfootses sure are fun to watch on the television machine though!

rct

If Bigfoot is such a rare creature, there is no way the species would have survived if they didn't have the urge to do the deed. They wouldn't be in a position to be choosy.

And if there was ANY humanoid out there that couldn't be lured by a pretty human girl or a pie, that would be a freak of nature, and against everything we know of animal behavior and human nature.

If Bigfoot is such a rare creature, there is no way the species would have survived if they didn't have the urge to do the deed. They wouldn't be in a position to be choosy.

And if there was ANY humanoid out there that couldn't be lured by a pretty human girl or a pie, that would be a freak of nature, and against everything we know of animal behavior and human nature.

Yes, but you don't have to be obese to enjoy pie, and how many of us have been lured by the other pie all of our lives and have managed to not have any children?

<raises hand>

Back to the Mountain Lion. It isn't rare, it is very private and therefore rarely seen, poop and all. You have to work hard to get the video of Pika we have, they aren't that easy to see, but they are by no means rare. Lots of animals like that.

rct

They are the only creature on earth that never leaves any remains when they die..don't you think someone would have found a skeleton by now?

Of course someone should have. But they say that porcupines eat the bones, because porcupines do eat bones. So it's fun!

A porcupine crossing the meadow at midnight is a real joy to see, they get really really big.

rct

They are the only creature on earth that never leaves any remains when they die..don't you think someone would have found a skeleton by now?

No way man! Unicorns, Leprechauns and Lock Nes Monsters leave no remains when they die either.

Ever seen that TV show where every week they put a top notch crew together and don't find Bigfoot? That show rocks! I wonder where they won't find BigFoot this week. :-k

Ever seen that TV show where every week they put a top notch crew together and don't find Bigfoot? That show rocks! I wonder where they won't find BigFoot this week. :-k

I know man. They can never go to the original spot because of <fill in whatever jacked up reason this time>. And then, they study the situation with their pointiest hats on, and since the actual occurence was here<points at map>, they decide the likelihood of seeing him is very strong...here<points at map 20 miles away>.

It's a hoot.

rct

Archived