Gibson Brands Forums

Y don't Kramers get any Luv in the Gibson Family of Guitars

LeoPaul422

In the late 90s to mid 2000s Gibson made some absolutely stellar Kramers and sold them at incredibly low prices through Musicyo, but few appreciated the great Gibson/Kramers. I guess Gibson's big mistake was selling their Kramers at too low prices? I miss Musicyo! I regret not buying one of everthing!

I probably bought 10 of those Kramers as giveaways to young kids that wanted to play guitar. I still have a couple of the Telecaster copies around they were a sweet guitar especially at 99 dollars or whatever they cost when they had the big sales a few times a year.

Yes, I bet those Tele copies were good. I regret not buying a Jersey Star, a Maestro Mandolin and one of those Trini Lopez clones. I bought 2 FR422s and honestly they are among the best guitars that I have ever owned. I also bought an excellent set of Slingerland Drums.

My cousin has been to Kramer's house a few times. He's a really nice guy. I think they are great guitars too. Gotta love the Gene Simmons axe bass!.

Yes, Kramer certainly revolutionized guitar design. My personal favorite is the metal loaded American Showster. My Showster has the thinnest body of any of my guitars, yet it has almost as much sustain as my Les Paul. I love the Floyd Rose Tremolo. It takes a little time to set up but once you got it locked down it stays in tune. I never have to adjust my headstock tuners between string changes. I love the fine tuners for pin point accuracy.

And Kramer put some great Duncan pups in 80s Kramers. The Rails in my Gibson/Kramers are nice as well.

It's not a Yo, but I have a very nice 2010 Pacer Classic for sale if any UK members are interested. The link to the advert in the Trading Post is in my sig at the moment.

Do shops stock Kramers in the UK. I've never seen a new Gibson/Kramer in Nashville.

The big online stores like Musicians Friend etc. carry the Kramers now. They started when Music-yo went out of business. Music-Yo was used to sell the guitars while they figured out how to build them once they got the quality consistent they pretty much just doubled the prices and put them in the big box online sellers. [cursing]

I had a real Kramer. Purple. Matched my hair. Nice. Long time ago. The crummy ones they put the word Kramer on aren't even close.

rct

No one is arguing that point the original Kramers are great guitars. The modern ones were a good guitar for usually around $100 bucks maybe $150 if you wanted something fancy. Like I said I bought them to give them away to kids wanting to learn to play guitar they were as good or better than any Squire being made today as a entry level guitar there not even in the same class as the original Kramers made in one of my first rock guitars was a 1976 Kramer with the tuning fork aluminum neck. It was heavy and either hot or cold but it was solid and fact and with the Walnut inserts it was also very attractive. The body was Bubinga and again gorgeous I owned one more in the early eighties that had a all wood neck and it played well but was not in the same class as the aluminum neck models after that I moved 8o's metal hit and I wanted to have nothing to do with that look so I went to primarily Gibson, Fender or Hamer guitars and never bought another Kramer. It was hard to find a early Kramer guitars as they made mostly Bass guitars nd the volume was always low at least until they took it offshore.

I had a real Kramer. Purple. Matched my hair. Nice. Long time ago. The crummy ones they put the word Kramer on aren't even close.

rct

I've owned a Stagemaster, a ProAxe & a Showster. While my Gibson/Kramer FR422s are not quite that quality, they are pretty darn close. IMHO the Gibson/Kramers are better than any other SuperStrats on the market today.

while I hear the newer Kramer's are better quality than the late 90's to mid 2000's ones, they are nowhere NEAR as good.

Not true I've owned 80s Kramers and 2000s Gibson/Kramers and even the low cost Gibsons are almost as good. I've never played a high end Gibson/Kramer but I've seen some great reviews.

I had the opportunity to play one of the new Kramer Assault 220 Plus models and was blown away. Very nice instrument. I plan to save up and add the natural finish one to my collection.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Singlecut/Kramer/Assault-220-Plus-Seymour-Duncan.aspx

Yes the Assaults look nice. I'd really like to try one of the SM1s>

I'd really like to try one of the SM1s>

Oh YEAH!

SM1 with SD's. A custom shop with HS pickup configuration. Coil split the bridge.

Bridge pickup- Screamin' Demon

Neck pickup- Vintage Hot Stack Plus STK-S7

4 way selector for out-of-phase (like a tele)

Original Floyd Rose

Oh YEAH!

SM1 with SD's. A custom shop with HS pickup configuration. Coil split the bridge.

Bridge pickup- Screamin' Demon

Neck pickup- Vintage Hot Stack Plus STK-S7

4 way selector for out-of-phase (like a tele)

Original Floyd Rose

Of course SM stands for Stagemaster. It would be nice to compare them to 80s Kramers but I have yet to see onr in a store.

I owned a late 80s Kramer Pacer Deluxe if my memory is correct. Great guitar and the HSS allowed me to get a variety of tones. The FR trem was a pain in the *** but once you got her locked in you could bang the heck out of it and never lose your tuning.

I had the red one at the top of this ad.

cat87c.jpg

Of course SM stands for Stagemaster. It would be nice to compare them to 80s Kramers but I have yet to see onr in a store.

And if I remember correctly, the Stagemasters were top of the line. I never get to go to any stores to try out any new equipment, but the last time I was at GC, they didn't have any Kramers. How can Gibson keep making Kramers if there are none in the stores?

And if I remember correctly, the Stagemasters were top of the line. I never get to go to any stores to try out any new equipment, but the last time I was at GC, they didn't have any Kramers. How can Gibson keep making Kramers if there are none in the stores?

Never seen a new Kramer at GC or Sam Ash in Nashville.

Archived