Gibson Brands Forums

Early Christmas *Pics*

Dagwood

So Santa in the big FedEx truck dropped off a new ES-339PRO TSB this morning. After a few hours of letting it get warm again in the house I busted open the box, the wrapper then revealed a beauty of a guitar.

Christmas came early. I've been wanting one of these for a while and I noticed they came available again last week, so I pulled the trigger a little early,(I got it from AMS).

This thing is nice, fit/finish is about perfect. Knobs and switch work fine (though I did take the volume knobs off and reset them I like to see 10 when they're all the way up.) The PU selector is kinda cheap but I ain't too worried for now. I'm going to redo the electronics on this sometime soon. I changed the strings and put some Guitar Honey on the fret-board. Now I'm gonna spend this weekend really getting to know it.

PICs Hope these aren't HUGE.

IMG_0400.JPG

IMG_0393.JPG

IMG_0395.JPG

First impression.. I like the feel and sound very much. I got the PRO for the Coil-Splitting.

I've been looking for something with a lot of versatility and I think might just cut it for me. Currently my main axe is a Squier VM Jazzy with the Soap-bar Duncan Designs. Its a great guitar (for what it is) but I've always wanted a 339 since they first came out. My main rig these days is via the Fender Mustang III and its bro/sis the Mustang Floor unit. Amp is for home and the Floor stays at my church. Can't wait to run this thing through this weekend.

Thats all for now till I get the pics posted.

Peace out.....

So Santa in the big FedEx truck dropped off a new ES-339PRO TSB this morning. After a few hours of letting it get warm again in the house I busted open the box, the wrapper then revealed a beauty of a guitar.

Christmas came early. I've been wanting one of these for a while and I noticed they came available again last week, so I pulled the trigger a little early,(I got it from AMS).

This thing is nice, fit/finish is about perfect. Knobs and switch work fine (though I did take the volume knobs off and reset them I like to see 10 when they're all the way up.) The PU selector is kinda cheap but I ain't too worried for now. I'm going to redo the electronics on this sometime soon. I changed the strings and put some Guitar Honey on the fret-board. Now I'm gonna spend this weekend really getting to know it.

PICs WILL FOLLOW look for EDIT

First impression.. I like the feel and sound very much. I got the PRO for the Coil-Splitting.

I've been looking for something with a lot of versatility and I think might just cut it for me. Currently my main axe is a Squier VM Jazzy with the Soap-bar Duncan Designs. Its a great guitar (for what it is) but I've always wanted a 339 since they first came out. My main rig these days is via the Fender Mustang III and its bro/sis the Mustang Floor unit. Amp is for home and the Floor stays at my church. Can't wait to run this thing through this weekend.

Thats all for now till I get the pics posted.

Peace out.....

Pardon my ignorance, but please do fill me in--what is Guitar Honey?

I pick up a "Blem" 339 from Zzounds a couple months back (cherry red)for $299.00. I really can't say enough good things about it. In addition to the great price I haven't been able to find a "blem" on it - it must have been returned for whatever reason (the wife din't like it?). Whatever the case may be, it's a great guitar in all regards and It's gotten nothing but rave reviews regarding sound, looks and playability from my guitar playing friends as well as people who hear it. Good luck with yours

Congratulations on your new guitar. I wish you many years of happiness and music making. I haven't pulled the trigger yet...its either this or the Gibson equivalent.

Thanks Bill I hope so. Still getting used to this thing, so far so good I really like it, its very comfortable and easy to play.

Congrats! I've been out of the loop re: Epiphone for a few years. Is the 339 about the same size as an AlleyKat or WildKat?

Jeffery,

As Bender said, a little bigger than an LP. It's about 'Kat size in overall dimensions. Somewhere on here there's a thread of an LP/339/335 pic comparison so you'd get an idea. I suck at searches. [confused]

Way to go dude.

Yeee Yeeee Yeeeee................Live action!

So I ordered one from amazon tonight. Long story but basically I am ,from what I can tell,geting a new one for $359 vs the $399 price at most vendors. From what I can tell it is not a second,blemish or refurbish. Hopefully not but I can't tell why it is less money. Its odd. It ships from sam ash but bought thru amazon. When I go to sam ashh website ,the same exact guitar sells there for $40 more,at $399. So I don't know what the deal is there.Hopefully I did ok and not getting a problem guitar or something.

Anyways, congrats on yours . So you've had her a while now,whats you opinion at this point?Any complaints or whats the good and he bad? What do you think of the pickups?I see the tuners look like Gibson tuners with the plastic keys vs the chrome ones epi usually uses.

I have a number of guitars,few gibsons,few epis,a gretsch ,fender and few others. I do have an epi dot which I've had few years now. I bought that near the time when gibson showcased the 339. I didn't have the $ for the gibson 339 back then and was kinda hoping epi would eventually make one.I changed the stock dot pickups over to gfs vintage pickups and got that sounding nice.

Archived