Gibson Brands Forums

SamAsh Black Friday Blowout on SG Standard in HC

DiamondJig

Now we know these are being discontinued so here is a great buy

the original link for the rosewood frett boards is down and replace with these baked maple one http://www.samash.com/p/Gibson_SG%20Standard%20Electric%20Guitar%20with%20Hardshell%20Case_184080 still a good deal

AMS now has the rosewood ones http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-GIB-SGSTD-LIST

I walked into SA last Saturday for tubes. My buddy is the manager and he was pulling a brand new Standard in cherry out of the box and says "last one in stock". I'm like, lets have a look. He said they were clearencing a bunch of stock and he was putting it on the wall. I was really wanting to add a Gold Top Traditional to my collection but he sold the last one yesterday....crap. Oh, well, I just got my ES339 59 neck in September so I'm good for that new guitar coma feeling. I asked how much for the SG and he says 799. What? is it the 50's neck? ( i hate skinny necks)Yep 50's neck... give it here let's have a play. Great, the wife's gonna shoot me, I came down for tubes. Wanna do a trade? I have a USA G&L ASAT I hadn't played in years. Put that thing back in the box I'll be right back.... don't let the shred monkeys touch it. Came back and he agreed to do a straight trade for it... nice, I only paid 700 bucks for the G&L anyway.

Crap, left the store and forgot the tubes....turn around again.

This won't be my go to every day fiddle but nice to have it in the arsenal. It plays well, sounds decent and the wife actually likes it = win.

I walked into SA last Saturday for tubes. My buddy is the manager and he was pulling a brand new Standard in cherry out of the box and says "last one in stock". I'm like, lets have a look. He said they were clearencing a bunch of stock and he was putting it on the wall. I was really wanting to add a Gold Top Traditional to my collection but he sold the last one yesterday....crap. Oh, well, I just got my ES339 59 neck in September so I'm good for that new guitar coma feeling. I asked how much for the SG and he says 799. What? is it the 50's neck? ( i hate skinny necks)Yep 50's neck... give it here let's have a play. Great, the wife's gonna shoot me, I came down for tubes. Wanna do a trade? I have a USA G&L ASAT I hadn't played in years. Put that thing back in the box I'll be right back.... don't let the shred monkeys touch it. Came back and he agreed to do a straight trade for it... nice, I only paid 700 bucks for the G&L anyway.

Crap, left the store and forgot the tubes....turn around again.

This won't be my go to every day fiddle but nice to have it in the arsenal. It plays well, sounds decent and the wife actually likes it = win.

Good for you, they are a great goto ax and for the price you paid it got to feel good too

Ok it's been two weeks since I brought home the SG. I took it up the mountain for my buddy/band mate to play and he liked it so much I didn't get to play it all week end. All this week I've been playing one of my Les Pauls or the ES339. I decided to practice with the SG last night and explore tones with it and my Blackstar rig. I had a great time and took a break after a two hr. session with it. Went to kitchen, grab a cold one, play some more. Wife gets home, time to eat and sit...you know that "quality time" part of the evening. [rolleyes] So I'm sitt'n there pretending to enjoy "The Voice" realizing, Why the hell hadn't I bought an SG a long time ago. [cursing]

I wouldn't give up my LP's or ES for anything, but I'm actually looking forward to playing it again tonight. Actually wouldn't mind having another one some day.

Archived