Gibson Brands Forums

NGD....soon

Freekzilla

Im about to take delivery of a Traditional LP Plus in honeyburst(maybe tomorrow)!! The price drop was too good of a deal to pass up. Cant wait to compare quality with my Epi LP. Also, coming at the end of the month is a Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 Plus! Its goin to be a good month. I'll post pics ASAP.

Hell yeah!!!!

Sounds like a great combo your getting.

I couldn't pass up the deal for the les Paul traditional from sweet water.

Iced tea, on FedEx vehicle for delivery

I got mine from Sweetwater too. I have wanted a gibby lp for a long time so pulled the trigger.

Ok so I got the LP Saturday afternoon and opened it up this morning...very dissapointed. I'll post pics of the shotty workmanship on Monday for people to see but im going to return it for a refund. However I do think the pickups sound great, it plays and feels very well but to be honest comparing it to the Epi LP I have makes the Gibby seem way over priced. The differences in tone and feel are so marginal it doesnt justify the huge price gap.

Ok so I got the LP Saturday afternoon and opened it up this morning...very dissapointed. I'll post pics of the shotty workmanship on Monday for people to see but im going to return it for a refund. However I do think the pickups sound great, it plays and feels very well but to be honest comparing it to the Epi LP I have makes the Gibby seem way over priced. The differences in tone and feel are so marginal it doesnt justify the huge price gap.

Please tell, I got a Midtown Standard with major damage. Big chip on the head scratches all over set up was a joke. But I sent it back and got a custom for the replacement for the same price. And it is just fine just perfect. Not sure how Gibby could let the other go. I also have a tribute 50's studio LP that I got last year it was fine.

Also I sent two emails to Gibson and never heard back. But you never know it could have been we got returned guitars. Maybe the guy working that day was pissed off at his boss??? Hell you never know. Are you going to give them another try and get a replacement? Ask for a upgrade for no charge you never know it worked for me.....Hang in there...

Did you order a traditional?

My iced tea was given a 95% score due to stain or dark dried glue on the nut, what look like scratches on the fret board where the plek machine I assume would scratch,

The goldtop was immaculate minus the poss heel fx prior to finish.

I did order the Traditional LP. I also have some dried glue on the nut but that isnt so bad compared to how bad the top was carved. By the pickup switch the carve is off and on the lower cut out carve is also bad. The binding in the cut out is flared out and there is a piece of filler wood. Where did you get a score?

Did you order a traditional?

My iced tea was given a 95% score due to stain or dark dried glue on the nut, what look like scratches on the fret board where the plek machine I assume would scratch,

The goldtop was immaculate minus the poss heel fx prior to finish.

I also got a trad plus in February that had gauges out of the fretboard...to me it looked like it was planed down too much and chipped away. I returned it and got a perfect guitar.

I did order the Traditional LP. I also have some dried glue on the nut but that isnt so bad compared to how bad the top was carved. By the pickup switch the carve is off and on the lower cut out carve is also bad. The binding in the cut out is flared out and there is a piece of filler wood. Where did you get a score?

sorry, i gave it that score.

did you take a picture of the carve top of what your talking about.was there too much carve? how can you tell?

Archived