Gibson Brands Forums

An interesting find

1998StandardSG

Hello!

I was at a friends house earlier today talking gear and having a couple drinks when he pulled out this guitar that has no name, no serial number, and no markings. This guitar is something that he had been working on for a while now during his off time as a luthier, and I have to say that it is SO much fun to play. A while ago he swapped my gretsch "mud" buckers for TV Jones (classic & power tron) pickups and he asked if he could use those in the guitar, which I think was a good improvement from the d'armond fakes that were on there.

After looking at the guitar I remembered that I, too, had a guitar that was a bit of a mystery (besides my blue 98 sg standard but that's another post) and I hurried home to see if I still had it. Sure enough, I throw open the closet and behind my coats I see a black gig bag. I eagerly pull it out and unzip it to see what I have inside and I see that I have a G Holiday electric that is missing the pick guard. I've been searching the internet for any information that I can get on the background of the guitar and to see if I can find an original pick guard for it but I can't seem to find anything. I've never played this guitar because of the missing pick guard, but hearing what everyone is saying about the G Holiday... I WANT TO PLAY IT!!!

SO, with that said, has anyone ever heard of this guitar and if so, where can parts be purchased?

What rare or mysterious gear have you come across in your years of playing?

It's Japanese. A re-branded Teisco, Kawai, or Zenon. The fretboard inlays, the body shape, and the tuners were all I needed to see. I'll try to find a similar model, but I know I've seen that exact body shape/inlays/tuners on those 3 brands.

It's Japanese. A re-branded Teisco, Kawai, or Zenon. The fretboard inlays, the body shape, and the tuners were all I needed to see. I'll try to find a similar model, but I know I've seen that exact body shape/inlays/tuners on those 3 brands.

Yep! those are the brands that I've been coming up with too, with the exception to Zenon. I don't think I'll find just a pick guard so, I may have to make one... That is the only thing that is missing.

Thanks for your input! So with the holiday coming up, is there any new gear on the wish list?

I'd scour eBay for hours for a good original part. They're out there. If you get to the depths of the search for "Teisco", you're abound to find it.

Not really, in all honesty. I would probably only want a ride cymbal, but that might have to have.

How about yourself.

I'd scour eBay for hours for a good original part. They're out there. If you get to the depths of the search for "Teisco", you're abound to find it.

Not really, in all honesty. I would probably only want a ride cymbal, but that might have to have.

How about yourself.

Very nice, I really haven't thought about it. Maybe a new pedal.... no, new tubes! haha I would like to get my hands on a Leslie cab someday.

Archived