Gibson Brands Forums

No more TWINKIES...!!!

daveinspain

Not too upset about twinkles really but the little crumb donuts are a shame and the competitions donuts are soggy and gross. It's sad to see them go that's one of the old time American companies. Shoot twinkies and Ding Dongs were the big deal in your lunch bag you could trade them for almost anything in grade school.

Not too upset about twinkles really but the little crumb donuts are a shame and the competitions donuts are soggy and gross. It's sad to see them go that's one of the old time American companies. Shoot twinkies and Ding Dongs were the big deal in your lunch bag you could trade them for almost anything in grade school.

yep.

Dont worrie to much guys and gals... here on the east coast we are sure someone will buy or bail out the company.. No more wonder bread, NO FEAKING WAY, or the yummy treats..... Its just a THING from the MAN about the workers strike....... There is no way that there will ever be no Hostess treats or the other baked goods.. I say NO N******* WAY!!! [cursing]

Union goons stick it to the man again.

Very true. Eleven years ago I left Interstate Baking.( the makers of Wonderbread, Twinkies, etc.)

As a supervisor it was impossible for me to discipline or terminate any lousy employee as the union protected them at all cost. Plus these guys made more than management so being suspended for three days was a mini vacation for them. It was one of the most frustrating positions I've ever held and after wasting countless hours meeting with union reps over lousy workers and their total disregard of company policies I jumped ship.

I was there through strikes that went on for weeks only to have the company, give in to all the demands, then have to throw away millions of dollars in product that had been sitting in warehouses.

My thoughts back then were that the company and the union were shortsighted and greed on both sides would be it's downfall.

Both sides got what they deserved.

If they closed they would certainly sell the brand to some other baking company. No way the owners would just throw out the brand when they throw out the company.

I'm sure Little Debbie or Kellogg are eying the Twinkie name right now.

I think Cookie probably hit it right. Everyone on both sides spent spent so much energy fighting the other side that they killed the goose.

Yep slit it open waiting for the golden eggs to fall out and all they got was blood and guts.

Of course someone will buy the name rights and recipes but I'm betting it won't be any healthier for you.

Considering I eat a Wonder Bread sandwich followed by a Hostess Cupcake most days for lunch, this hits very close to home.

In fact... here's a photo of our wedding cake:

4461962274_d200f13b6a.jpg

C chord

"Frrrr-oggy went a courtin' and hea did ride, un huh, un hun

Froggy went a coutrin' and he did ride un huh, uh hunh,

Froggy went a courtin' and he did ride, packin' a pistol by his side......"

LOVE the weddin' cake.

[thumbup]

After yesterday's news, I stopped by the local gas and smokes and junkfoodatorium to pick up my wife's favorite treat, Hostess, Iced Honey Buns. NO other Honey Bun holds a candle to Hostess. My wife went into convulsions when the selling price breached $1. So, they were a seldom had treat. I bought two of them for list price $1.25 I think. Likely our last.

We at them with coffee for breakfast.

The assets are up for sale to the highest bidder. I suspect the brand names and recipes are on the block as well.

Archived