Gibson Brands Forums

tribal explorer

leif

At least and maybe not too late,I got enough money to buy myself an explorer,wanted a white one or an E2,only found a brand new tribal,wich stood for a while in the shop,it's white,got ebony fingerboard,and has a khaler,wich I'm used to mount on guitars who don't have one,and it will be mine next week!

I just wonder if I shall pay it cash and eat potatoes for a while,or sell my hamer eclipse to buy it without any sacrifice,what do you think?I don't play this guitar,but I shall regret that masterpiece some day!

You might want to make sure the guitar is a real Gibson Tribal Explorer before laying your money down. This model is one which has been counterfeited by Asian counterfeiting rings. If you want to have us check it out, please email pictures of the front and back views of the instrument along with a close-up view of the serial number to service@gibson.com.

Here is a link to the Gibson Tribal Explorer page:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Explorer/Gibson-USA/Tribal-Explorer.aspx

The Tribal Explorer was a limited edition model built in 2009. There were only 350 built by Gibson.

It's a new one that I'm gona buy to an official dealer,so I don't have much doubts about it,but you can be sure that I'll post pics as soon as it is home.It fits exactly my research:it's white,plain mahogany and ebony fingerboard,I'm pretty sure about the dealer.The main problem for me is that I can buy it,but will have a hard month or two,or either the dealer takes my hamer and lower the price,but even if I don't play the hamer much,it could be a pity to get rid of it.

About the explorer,I tend to trust dealers,so didn't check the number,I just played a while,making sure I'm confortable with it,but I noticed that on the headstock under the serial there's "142" like written in big blue letters,a little biger than the serial,anyway,it will be home next week,alone or besides the hamer.

A little up,I'd really like to have answers about that axe

Hello,could someone help me with this guitar,I wrote to gibson service but didn't get any answer yet.

here's a pic of the back of the headstock,the serial is hard to read on pics due to the white color,the five last digits are stamped a bit deeper in the wood,it's 009290410.

post-31069-031958700 1354498596_thumb.jpg

Archived