Gibson Brands Forums

2012 NFL Thread...

Murph

As a Bears fan I hated to see Jay Cutler get hurt. But we'll see.

My second choice is the Saints, having lived in Louisiana during the 80's through Bobby Hebert and the Dome Patrol.

I think the Bears defense might give Forte and Bush enough time to beat the 49'ers Monday, but it'll be tough....

It's all about the Broncos

I gotta say, I never thought Manning would bounce back so quick, so well. My wife is a Payton fan, being born in Lousiana, and stuff, (Archie, etc....).

Decker is helping his #'s.....

As a Bears fan I hated to see Jay Cutler get hurt. But we'll see.

I think the Bears defense might give Forte and Bush enough time to beat the 49'ers Monday, but it'll be tough....

I wish I shared your confidence for tomorrow night. But I hope you're right!

Definitely a tough game tomorrow night for our Bears. I wish Cutler hadn't gotten hurt, too, but I think whether or not he's ready to go tomorrow the best decision is to sit him and not even have him make the long flight. Campbell's been a starter so maybe with a week's reps with the first unit he'll show us something tomorrow. If the defense can keep them in it and the offense can avoid turnovers maybe the Bears can find a way to pull it off.

This is the time of the year when injuries start to change the outcome of the season, concussions, pulled hamstrings, broken bones, torn ACLs injured throwing arms..Manning has made a incredible turn around but he is one hit away from a wheelchair.Teams to watch..Tampa Bay, Seattle , Atlanta, and a big upset maker that may not get to the play offs but who may well knock out a few contenders in the last weeks of the season is N.O. Pat's should make it into the play offs but they are not a young team, that can help you, but it can also be a killer if injuries start to mount up.

2012 year sucks, we should all forget it and go straight to 2013... See avatar. [lol]

But for real, losses this year are getting hard to swallow. I'm a Panthers fan, and have been for as long as I can remember. Carolina will always be in my heart, but this year they are causing a lot of heart ache.

Teams to watch.. Seattle ,

Yep. I always enjoy watching the Seahawks. I tell ya what, the Rams looked tough last week against the 49ers, actually had them beat with the field goal until the penalty, but then they looked bad yesterday. If Amendola survives long enough, he's going to be very good. And, ya gotta love Jeff Fisher.....

Nothing like the Detroit Lions Liedowns proving why they are the worst franchise in the NFL. Last year upset me. They had no business making the playoffs. At least they are back at home again: the basement of the NFC North.

Living in Chicago I do get unhealthy joy watching Bears fans hopes lifted and then shattered into a million pieces.

I am starting to warm up to the NFL now that I understand it: a bunch of homophobic guys in tight pants tackling and smacking each others' behinds. Sounds like an adult movie plot.

If not, there is always the Sabres. [confused]

Sorry to rain on your parade, brother, but there isn't going to be any NHL this season. The owners and that rat Bettman decided to shoot themselves in the foot. Good move flushing record TV ratings, your own network, the Winter Classic, and record revenues down the toilet all in their eternal quest to break the players union.

Living in Chicago I do get unhealthy joy watching Bears fans hopes lifted and then shattered into a million pieces.

Last night was like a bad dream, I literally couldn't believe my eyes. Jay Cutler has won like 12 of his last 13 games (he finished) but without him they are completely lost.

I can't wait to watch the Vikings game.....

When is the NFL going to change their overtime? It's soooo anti-climatic as first a touchdown wins, then after the first team fails to score a TD and the other team fails to score a TD then, then a measley field goal wins it. Very odd rules if you ask me! I like the college OT better. If you have a better way to play OT in the NFL buy all means suggest away! I think a safety should be worth four points, instead of two as first team to get one wins in OT. [cursing]

All I can add is that here in the ATL , we are 9-1.

I lived in Atlanta in the late '90's and up until they went to the Super Bowl, most people in GA didn't know they had a football team other than the GA Bulldogs LOL.

That said, my old boss now owns the team so I root for them (and hey, they're not bad!).

When is the NFL going to change their overtime? It's soooo anti-climatic as first a touchdown wins, then after the first team fails to score a TD and the other team fails to score a TD then, then a measley field goal wins it. Very odd rules if you ask me! I like the college OT better. If you have a better way to play OT in the NFL buy all means suggest away! I think a safety should be worth four points, instead of two as first team to get one wins in OT. [cursing]

The NFL changed OT rules for this season. It used to be true sudden death, now it's only true sudden death if the first team with the ball scores a touchdown on offense or defense. If you score a touchdown on special teams you have to allow the other team a chance to have the ball, if you score with anything other than a TD the opposing team has a chance at the ball. But once both teams have had a chance for the ball then it turns to true sudden death again. I wish you could get a shot at the ball even if the other team scores a touchdown first. But thats just me being butt hurt about loosing in OT this past week.

Last night was like a bad dream, I literally couldn't believe my eyes. Jay Cutler has won like 12 of his last 13 games (he finished) but without him they are completely lost.

I can't wait to watch the Vikings game.....

OMG, was that ugly. [scared] But I don't care if Cutler is in or whoever. If da Bears don't get the O Line fixed it is going to be a long next few weeks!

Archived