Gibson Brands Forums

Pickguard for a Midtown Standard

spayne99

When I play guitar with my fingers I like to rest my pinky and ring finger on the surface of the guitar. If I wanted to put a pickguard on my Midtown Standard, would I get an ES-335 pickguard? I see on the Midtown Custom how the guard would sit flat on the surface, but they still use mounting bracket that affixes the guard to the side of the guitar.

My Midtown is faded red. Once I figure out which guard to get, I'll need to figure out if I should get white, or black. Black would look sharp but then I'd also need black pickup surrounds and speed knobs.

When I play guitar with my fingers I like to rest my pinky and ring finger on the surface of the guitar. If I wanted to put a pickguard on my Midtown Standard, would I get an ES-335 pickguard? I see on the Midtown Custom how the guard would sit flat on the surface, but they still use mounting bracket that affixes the guard to the side of the guitar.

My Midtown is faded red. Once I figure out which guard to get, I'll need to figure out if I should get white, or black. Black would look sharp but then I'd also need black pickup surrounds and speed knobs.

I am sure you could put one on. I would get the black but keep the white parts it will give it a nice look.... [thumbup]

Archived