Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar store Fort Myers/Miami

solving

Im going to Fort Myers FL. for a vacation next year. I will look for an opportunity to buy a Gibson. Any god guitar stores nearby? Miami will do as well

Also..... generally... is the guitars "cheaper" in the US-stores then on eBay?

I will look for a J-200, Hummingbird & J-45 (all TV's or Custom)

Preferences§1234567890-=BackspaceTabqwertyuiop[]Returncapslockasdfghjkl;'\shift`zxcvbnm,./shiftEnglishDeutschEspañolFrançaisItalianoPortuguêsРусскийalt altPreferences

I don't know any of the mom-and-pop guitar stores in either place, although there are several. There are also Guitar Center stores in both Miami and Ft. Myers.

As far as prices go, it's luck of the draw. Ebay will usually (but not always) have better values in used guitars, but brick-and-mortar stores can be very competitive on new guitars, particularly with stock that hasn't sold. They also sometimes have good discounts on "shopworn" new guitars, which in my experience, can often be returned to like-new condition with a few hours of cleaning and polishing, which is a great way to become familiar with your instrument.

Obviously, for US buyers, buying new from an authorized dealer like GC gives you a warranty, but if you are heading back out of the country, that won't do you much good.

GC rightly gets a lot of flack here, but not all their stores of the same, and you may be lucky enough to find both a knowledgeable salesman and a good choice of guitars. It's at least worth stopping by.

Whatever you do, make sure you've done your online homework before considering any purchase. Knowledge is power.

The GC in Miami, if you are flying into MIA, looks to be no more than about a 15-minute drive from the airport.

Thanks a lot. Will probably ask like a thousand more questions before I leave for the US.Preferences§1234567890-=BackspaceTabqwertyuiop[]Returncapslockasdfghjkl;'\shift`zxcvbnm,./shiftEnglishDeutschEspañolFrançaisItalianoPortuguêsРусскийalt altPreferences

I don't know any of the mom-and-pop guitar stores in either place, although there are several. There are also Guitar Center stores in both Miami and Ft. Myers.

As far as prices go, it's luck of the draw. Ebay will usually (but not always) have better values in used guitars, but brick-and-mortar stores can be very competitive on new guitars, particularly with stock that hasn't sold. They also sometimes have good discounts on "shopworn" new guitars, which in my experience, can often be returned to like-new condition with a few hours of cleaning and polishing, which is a great way to become familiar with your instrument.

Obviously, for US buyers, buying new from an authorized dealer like GC gives you a warranty, but if you are heading back out of the country, that won't do you much good.

GC rightly gets a lot of flack here, but not all their stores of the same, and you may be lucky enough to find both a knowledgeable salesman and a good choice of guitars. It's at least worth stopping by.

Whatever you do, make sure you've done your online homework before considering any purchase. Knowledge is power.

The GC in Miami, if you are flying into MIA, looks to be no more than about a 15-minute drive from the airport.

I wonder if Ross might have a lead on something for sale through a private owner?

I can't imagine a similar guitar at Guitar Center would cost less than from a private sale off ebay.

A Guitar Center will probably have few models in stock anyway. Ask Gibson who they're largest Stock list dealer is in that area.Then look at they're stock on line or call them before leaving so you dont waste your time.

Good Luck

Archived