Gibson Brands Forums

My new project.. Turn a door into a guitar

Rabs

Very simple to use.. it even has its own applicator (this is the first time I have actually ever used the stuff).

DSC06290_zpsaf090c31.jpg

Heres half and half... cool stuff [thumbup]

DSC06298_zpscf1046e9.jpg

And done... that looks sweet

DSC06301_zpsc9cde65a.jpg

DSC06306_zps0f2ca73e.jpg

DSC06312_zpsd6b841f3.jpg

So back to the headstock.. I think im finally happy :D (but I stuck one more layer on there for the hell of it ;))

DSC06310_zps1988f4d1.jpg

So that really is everything :D And last but not least I have a nice pic here of my assistant modelling the guitar for me (my 4 year old niece Betssie ;))

DSC06313_zpsdbff7ca7.jpg

So that's all.. well for the build really :D I will post at least once more with a vid probably Sunday and maybe one after (im hoping still to sort something better out).. And that's this thread done after a YEAR... a bloody YEAR!!! :)

I hope you have all enjoyed it and I have certainly learned a lot..

But we arnt quite done yet.. So have a great weekend all and will be back with this build playing [thumbup]

Cheers.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anxiously awaiting that video tomorrow. It's been a long, long road...

-Ryan

Lol.. no pressure or anything :)

As it goes I have a cold/flu coming on :( But however I feel in the morning, I must get something down.. It has been LONG! (but worth it what ever happens down the road).

Lol.. no pressure or anything :)

As it goes I have a cold/flu coming on :( But however I feel in the morning, I must get something down.. It has been LONG! (but worth it what ever happens down the road).

Ouch, hope you feel better man! Don't go pushing yourself too hard.

-Ryan

Ouch, hope you feel better man! Don't go pushing yourself too hard.

-Ryan

Yeah well.. its just a cold (at the moment).. I tried burning it out earlier with a Thai Curry with 3 fresh chillies in it... Hopefully it worked :)

I hope i'm not the only one who's been refreshing the Lounge every 5 minutes waiting for this topic to update.

-Ryan

Lol.. well thanks... Im working on it :)

Even though my playing is a bit rough... A bit out of practice [crying] and not feeling great (I know, excuses excuses :)).. But I promised so its coming :) (one day I will learn to get some material ready before I record).

HELLO :D

So here we are.. pretty much the final post of this year long thread (can you believe it)... I do hope to do a full build video that I may post later and maybe one other video if I can get to play this through a nice tube amp..

Theres some things I have learned from this video..

That Searcy's pickups are really nice even through my crappy amp... (cheers man)

That I need a new amp, mine is crap [crying]

And that I REALLY should do more than just play what comes to mind in my videos LOL (I always say that)... But I know so much more than I played, its just my mind goes blank... Also for anyone who doesn't like the sound of my amp, I do end up plugging straight into my 4 track for better sound.

Anyway as I say I hope to get a better vid soon played through a decent amp and playing something that ive worked on :) This vid is really just for you guys.. I will probably take it down when I have the better one (and also once the neck has settled (thus why its a bit out of tune at points).

Also id like to say a big thank you to everyone who has watched, suggested stuff to me (ive had some invaluable advice) and everyone who commented and help push me on.. Hopefully this is the just the beginning and there will be way more to come in the future...

And lastly a HUGE thanks to Gibson for hosting this thread and this site in general.. It REALLY is appreciated [thumbup]

And so without further ado, heres the worlds first RabsWood guitar plugged in and playing (please forgive my crapness :unsure: ).. I hope you all enjoyed the thread.. and if anyone ever has any questions about what I have done, always feel free to ask [thumbup]

Kickass!

If you have any means to record your guitar direct, I'd love to reamp it through my Marshall JCM 800 and hear how this thing roars. I've got a decent setup for it.

-Ryan

Cheers man...

And yeah id have to send you the raw wav files for that... The second half of that vid was recorded using the direct guitar input on my Boss Micro 4 track so was direct (thus why the sound gets better :))...

Obviously though its been in the video editor and re-coded and then again by Youtube.

But yeah maybe I can sort something out... Im hoping to do a vid with a nice amp at some point we will see how it goes [thumbup]

Cheers man...

And yeah id have to send you the raw wav files for that... The second half of that vid was recorded using the direct guitar input on my Boss Micro 4 track so was direct (thus why the sound gets better :))...

Obviously thought its been in the video editor and re-coded and then again by Youtube.

But yeah maybe I can sort something out... Im hoping to do a vid with a nice amp at some point we will see how it goes [thumbup]

Well if you get the time, go upload those wav files and link me in a PM here...I can reamp and send you the recording.

-Ryan

OMG! That sounded so DARN awesome! And it really looks BADA$$!

You really did an outstanding job! I am so happy this turned out so well for you! :D

Congratulations on a job well done, Rabs!

These comments mean a lot and really have helped to keep me going [thumbup]

And just wait till you hear it through a nice big fat amp (im looking forward to that).. Searcy really did a great job with those pups :)

Guest Farnsbarns

Sounds really quite nice. Not a fan of all the high gain stuff (for a demo at least). But it really does sound bloody good. The neck pup sounds very nice and clear.

Congrats!

Fantastic!!............job well done.......Gibson could do worse than giving you a job!

How does it actually ''feel'' to play....neck, frets etc.........great thread ends in great guitar=====congratulations.

(hope you have a case to protect ''her''.)

Great to hear it all worked out as hoped, Rabs! Many, many congratulations!

eusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gif

...How does it actually ''feel'' to play....neck, frets etc.........

That's what I'd like to know, too.

Is it in any way similar to your LPDC to play?

What does it sould like unplugged?

P.

Archived