Gibson Brands Forums

Buffalo Death Wings

rocketman

I grew up in Buffalo, NY home of the chicken wing. I've also had wings in almost every state in this nation. All through the nation I always ask for the hottest wings they have, but they just aren't hot enough for me. In Buffalo, if you get hot wings they are REALLY hot.

A little bit of history here. The wings were invented at the Anchor Bar in downtown Buffalo. It's still there but the locals know that the best wings can be found in a place called Duff's. The Food Network actually had a contest between the two and Duff's won. Growing up Duff's had "hot" and then they had "suicide." I managed to eat 4 suicide wings once. After that I couldn't feel my tongue and my stomach was about to explode. The worst part was the next day (I won't even get into those details!).

Now they have a level higher than suicide, called "death." My buddy and his son decided to go for it. My buddy ate 10 and his son ate 13. Here's the video. BTW, my buddy is a Colonel in the Air Force so you won't see much emotion out of him, but he told me that he was really suffering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35mgv84x5ZY

I grew up in Buffalo, NY home of the chicken wing. I've also had wings in almost every state in this nation. All through the nation I always ask for the hottest wings they have, but they just aren't hot enough for me. In Buffalo, if you get hot wings they are REALLY hot.

A little bit of history here. The wings were invented at the Anchor Bar in downtown Buffalo. It's still there but the locals know that the best wings can be found in a place called Duff's. The Food Network actually had a contest between the two and Duff's won. Growing up Duff's had "hot" and then they had "suicide." I managed to eat 4 suicide wings once. After that I couldn't feel my tongue and my stomach was about to explode. The worst part was the next day (I won't even get into those details!).

Now they have a level higher than suicide, called "death." My buddy and his son decided to go for it. My buddy ate 10 and his son ate 13. Here's the video. BTW, my buddy is a Colonel in the Air Force so you won't see much emotion out of him, but he told me that he was really suffering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35mgv84x5ZY

OUCH!!!! Those wings looked hot as Hades.

Gluttons for punishment....lol...We humans do crazy things. Even without knowing what these guys were doing, I get the feeling that they're not exactly comfortable. Hot wings are good, but if it's too hot it kills the enjoyment of eating. I've read that there are some jalopeano peppers that can actually destroy the tissue inside of your mouth, throat, and stomach.............. When I was in Vietnam we used to spend a lot of our r & r in the bars. One of our frequent past-times was to pour some beer into an ash tray that was pretty full. Then, we'd pass the ash tray around the table and everyone would spit into it. Everyone was half-drunk and tried to cough-up everything they could before they spit...lol.. There might be 15-25 guys joining-in. Then we'd all start matching coins with the guys next to us. The last guy standing had to drink the contents of the ash tray. It wasn't hot, but it would gag a maggot. [thumbup]

"Ring sting"....

Lol,,, I'm gonna use that one if you don't mind Bill...

I know I sting my ring often.

Finally got to try some ghost chili's the other day.. those were good for a couple days of ring sting.

Roger,, the popicicle wipe is brilliant.

I would have a go at the death wings.

I ate these wings called Jamaican Hell once, I was numb after the first one but I did finish the dozen.

When I went back to the hotel I filled the sink with ice and water and dunked my face for a few minutes.

Where I have a problem is when they use concentrated chemicals to spice wings and then they brag about it.

Gluttons for punishment....lol...We humans do crazy things. Even without knowing what these guys were doing, I get the feeling that they're not exactly comfortable. Hot wings are good, but if it's too hot it kills the enjoyment of eating. I've read that there are some jalopeano peppers that can actually destroy the tissue inside of your mouth, throat, and stomach.............. When I was in Vietnam we used to spend a lot of our r & r in the bars. One of our frequent past-times was to pour some beer into an ash tray that was pretty full. Then, we'd pass the ash tray around the table and everyone would spit into it. Everyone was half-drunk and tried to cough-up everything they could before they spit...lol.. There might be 15-25 guys joining-in. Then we'd all start matching coins with the guys next to us. The last guy standing had to drink the contents of the ash tray. It wasn't hot, but it would gag a maggot. [thumbup]

huh?

When I was in Vietnam we used to spend a lot of our r & r in the bars. One of our frequent past-times was to pour some beer into an ash tray that was pretty full. Then, we'd pass the ash tray around the table and everyone would spit into it. Everyone was half-drunk and tried to cough-up everything they could before they spit...lol.. There might be 15-25 guys joining-in. Then we'd all start matching coins with the guys next to us. The last guy standing had to drink the contents of the ash tray. It wasn't hot, but it would gag a maggot. [thumbup]

MV5BMTQxMDYzODU1M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzQ3MDU2._V1._SX334_SY450_.jpg

rct

I have been to the Anchor Bar multiple times, even once going to a place in Buffalo - by mistake - called the Anchor Inn! I really like the wings at Anchor Bar.

I have always said that if I get sent to the gas chamber, my final meal would be cool beer, hot wings, then glazed doughnuts.

And because it's my Last Meal, I beat the "ring sting" (love that term!) too!

Right on, brother.

I think it's from Up In Smoke. What a classic film.

Yep it is. I like all the Cheech & Chong movies except for Still Smokin' (it was kinda lame and boring) and Corsican Brothers (THERE WAS NO WEED IN IT!!!).

Those first three can keep me laughing all day long, especially Next Movie, which is my favorite of the three.

Good movie. I love spicy food, I'd take a crack at those. I made the unfortunate choice of shaving right before a group of us went out to watch a monday night game and had hot wings and beer. The sauce on my skin just set me on fire, way worse than any burn I've ever had from eating them.

Archived