Gibson Brands Forums

SG Standard P-90, buy or not???

voxman59

WHATS UP WITH GIBSON!!!! I have to send this one back!!!! WAY to many flaws all over the guitar..... Scratches on front of the body by the volume knobs. Gibson logo on the head has what looks to me like dimples or dents? Where the neck hits the front of the body is the KILLER... crack in the finish and looks like paint smuges or drips??? JUST LOOKS LIKE CRAP!!!!!! OH and a big scratch on neck pick-up too!!!

So back she goes and I will try another..... Just caint see how they let these bad ones out. Second time returning a gibson. And there email support is not so great. Three emails to Gibson and not one reply.

And I was very nice to them in what I wrote!!!!! I love my new Midtown Custom and my LP so I still want me my SG!!!!!!!!

WHATS UP WITH GIBSON!!!! I have to send this one back!!!! WAY to many flaws all over the guitar..... Scratches on front of the body by the volume knobs. Gibson logo on the head has what looks to me like dimples or dents? Where the neck hits the front of the body is the KILLER... crack in the finish and looks like paint smuges or drips??? JUST LOOKS LIKE CRAP!!!!!! OH and a big scratch on neck pick-up too!!!

So back she goes and I will try another..... Just caint see how they let these bad ones out. Second time returning a gibson. And there email support is not so great. Three emails to Gibson and not one reply.

And I was very nice to them in what I wrote!!!!! I love my new Midtown Custom and my LP so I still want me my SG!!!!!!!!

Yo! That is the pits. I hope you have better luck with the next one. Mine came through flawless and I'd like to think that is more the norm.

Yo! That is the pits. I hope you have better luck with the next one. Mine came through flawless and I'd like to think that is more the norm.

Thanks. But I am not having much luck with getting the P-90 SG. There are no more Ebony in-stock and was told no longer in production. I am trying to work out a replacement deal with the Heritage Cherry at the same price but have not heard back from zzounds yet...... No respons from Gibson.......

Archived