Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FenderGuy1

C64 vs modern PC?

...I think "you" Fenderguy, especially at your age, are making the best use of the 64 in that you're using it for fun in ways that are teaching you huge dollops of more generalized computer science...

I agree.

That and even just keeping one working as it was originally intended is a plus point.

But, just as it would be near impossible for the likes of Milod and I to be 'allowed' to go back to shooting on film, the days of high-speed, high-power PCs and MACs are here to stay and both hardware and software will continue to be developed.

P.

I agree.

That and even just keeping one working as it was originally intended is a plus point.

But, just as it would be near impossible for the likes of Milod and I to be 'allowed' to go back to shooting on film, the days of high-speed, high-power PCs and MACs are here to stay and both hardware and software will continue to be developed.

P.

Well Pippy, the browser for the 64 is called Lynx, Its a text based browser and you can connect to lots of modern websites, I've even Twittered from my C64!

One is useless junk and the other has potential to be useless if the user doesn't know what they're doing.

Modification to that.

One is useless junk,, the other is slated to be useless junk in the near future.

I reserve my passion for antiquated items to guitars and automobiles/motorcycles.

Computers are tools. They serve a purpose until something better comes along.

Modification to that.

One is useless junk,, the other is slated to be useless junk in the near future.

I reserve my passion for antiquated items to guitars and automobiles/motorcycles.

Computers are tools. They serve a purpose until something better comes along.

Hey the Commodore 64 is not useless junk!

I spent many an hour playing "Who Dares Wins" on a C 64. (and with a perfectly good PC available, too!)

Lots of fun!

I'll still keep my current PC, though eusa_dance.gif