Gibson Brands Forums

Led Zeppelin

chrisnorthw

Just watched "Celebration Day" the film of Zeps 2007 one off show in London. You remember that was the one that had 20 Million applications for tickets.

Is there anybody who looks cooler with a Les Paul than Jimmy Page? Actually I counted 5 different Les Pauls in the show.

Good to see the master at work!

Just watched "Celebration Day" the film of Zeps 2007 one off show in London. You remember that was the one that had 20 Million applications for tickets.

Is there anybody who looks cooler with a Les Paul than Jimmy Page? Actually I counted 5 different Les Pauls in the show.

I also watched it. Wonderful.

Even after all the intervening years the band still had it in spades. Nice to see Bonham's son on the drums too.

what was the contraption on one of the guitars page used (i forget what song)? it was an lp i think, what colour ... the red one? it looked like a button behind the bridge on the b string. was that a b-bender?

what was the contraption on one of the guitars page used (i forget what song)? it was an lp i think, what colour ... the red one? it looked like a button behind the bridge on the b string. was that a b-bender?

do you miss the dragon suit jimmy or the poppy suit concert jimmy or the cigarette dangling? that was classic. we got the john varvatos fashion, black, gray, white, white hair jimmy. yah.

when i first saw song remains the same i was disappointed at the sound of the band live, expecting to hear the studio cuts. then i got used to it. ya have to imagine what the songs would sound like if page were just strumming the lp at home, okay that's a bit over simplified, but i wanted to hear all the bells and whistles! sometimes the studio cuts had multiple guitar parts layered to create the effect, not practical in their live performance. it's fun to see the roadies still have a sense of humour ... the 'a' and 'n' on the orange amps have been blocked out to read OR__GE. hahaha.

anybody still wonder wtf is zoso? nobody but page knows and he's not telling. it's a personal sign, like a signature tailored to page, something to do with his sign capricorn and the element mercury or something. so nobody else can be zoso, you'd have to be something else.

B-Bender.

Looks like he may have had this one for a while before a modification.

myfavourite3picxv7.jpg

jp19900110_01.jpg

DSC_0008-2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

B-Bender.

Looks like he may have had this one for a while before a modification.

myfavourite3picxv7.jpg

jp19900110_01.jpg

DSC_0008-2.jpg

yeah that's it! (nice pic) the button bends the b string up to c? popular with country guitarists?

i'm going to have to look that up on youtube :)

the only B bender i have seen has been connected to the strap pin near the neck,

and when you pull down on the guitar, it bends the string,

very useful for that steel guitar sound.

but then again, i have only seen them on tele's never a LP,

not saying it's never been done, just never seen it.

Archived