Gibson Brands Forums

The End of Microsoft is Imminent?

bluesguitar65

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To return to the OP - I think it far, far more likely that Apple will take some sort of fall....because they are now so huge that the only way is down. They can't really get much more business, but they can very easily lose it.

Generally speaking, it was interesting to read Tman5293 and Farnsbarns.

I've read a bit about current standards in computers. Indeed, some basic knowledge would not be superfluous if we all use computers. As regards buses, sometimes in those articles that I read there also were some doubts about the advantages of PCIe bus in the speed of data. But PCI bus is parallel type, and PCIe – serial. And I seem to remember there must be synchronization in the parallel type bus. I.e. probably also therefore it is easier and better to control the bandwidth in serial PCIe bus. But sorry, I now I cannot confirm this by sources. But I remember I saw new sound cards on the Internet with PCIe x16 slot, probably it is cool [woot] , we all know how the computer may crash when working with large music projects with multiple channels and sound plugins.

... But I remember I saw new sound cards on the Internet with PCIe x16 slot, probably it is cool [woot] , we all know how the computer may crash when working with large music projects with multiple channels and sound plugins.

Now I have read that again and I understood that yet those cards are only compatible with the slot PCIe x16 , but not use its advantages [unsure] ( this benefit is still for video cards). But the prospects are interesting anyway :) .

Archived