Gibson Brands Forums

Will Wednesday be Doomsday

bonzoboy

If the translation of the Mayan calender that some people interpreted,is right ,Wednesday is the day we bid adieu to Mother Earth.I don't care one hoot what the Mayans said-if I can't take my guitars and other gear,then I aint goin' anywhere.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm. What I don't get, how did someone came up with this "21th of Dec. 2012 - Doomsday"-hoax?

Maybe my incomprehension comes from lack of understanding...I have a reproduction of the Mayan calendar. No matter how I look at it, all I can see, are four "stages" - I guess those represent the seasons. Somewhere I've red that those are "solar ages". Whatever these are, they are painted on a round plate - I assume - because these "stages" repeat in cycles. So it's infinite, without an end date. It doesn't have like "years" at all. (As I see).

Cheers... Bence

I don't care if it's the end of the world. If the world explodes and we all die well what can you do. On the other hand if some people make it and some don't I'll be pissed of if I'm in the don'ts... [omg]

Neither do I care. It's not going to happen. But let's assume for a minute it will. So what? Could we do anything against it? When I am dead, I am sure I wouldn't be pissed off being dead. None of my deceased relatives came back saying how awful it is being dead, yet.

What I find more interesting about this, is the psychological side: why people need those misbeliefs? Why do they like to fear?

It's not 12-12-12. It's 12-21-12. That's next Friday.

However... DON'T PANIC! [tongue] And be sure you have a towel.

Good advice, got to have the towel. I will start the day with a lie-in, then a big fry-up and some strong coffee.

Have to say I think 12-12-12 is much more interesting, as it's the last day/month/year (in whatever order) all-same-number date anyone reading this will see, yes?

I believe the Mayans missed it by a couple of days and were actually referring to the "fiscal cliff".

[flapper]

End sarcasm here.

Begin new conspiracy theory.

Remove tinfoil hat and have a good chuckle,,, or in Milod's case,, a good chortle.

Enjoy your Christmas everyone. The sun will continue to rise.

1 The Mayans didn't have a leap year. Their 12/21/12 has came and gone

2 It's all a bunch of b.s.

3 If it is true, it's all good. We've all got it coming....

This

When I think end of the world I think big massive explosion, then somebody started talking about famine, disease and all this stuff. I was perfectly fine going in a bang but starvation? I am the kind f guy that does not skip a meal.

By the way have you noticed that all of these shows about doomsday use footage of riots and economic turmoil to make their point?

As if there have not been riots captured on film for at least the last 60 years not to count the last 17 dips of the economy in the last 50 years or so.

It's all happening now!!! they say.

There are no asteroids, or planets, that are going to collide with us, so...unless we humans, drop all kinds of nuclear divices

on ourselves, NOTHING is going to happen. IF we DO that...then, we deserve to be extinct! Whenever I read the headlines, or

(God Forbid) watch the news, I have a tendency to think, that man is too stupid, to be allowed to survive, anyway. LOL [biggrin];>)

We'll be fine, folks...at least until WE do ourselves in, with our own stupidity! [flapper]

CB

Two quotes from Astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson on the matter:

"Hard to take science cues from the Maya, who never discovered the wheel, and who sacrificed animals to satisfy gods."

"Hard to take seriously predictions about the end of the world from the Maya, a culture that could not predict its own demise."

Sums the situation up rather nicely i'd say.

Anyways, people are stupid, that's why they continue to fall for these things. Remember my post about the religious nutcase who was wrong 3 times? (and he works for homeland security) People still follow him.

Archived