Gibson Brands Forums

Christmas Music thread

merseybeat1963

P.S.

Im not just picking this stuff at random here...

These are selected by a dude that listens to this stuff in July...

Give a listen,its beautifull stuff.

Some of the greatest music ever made was directed/made as love songs to God...(though the bureaucracy who commisioned it may have had other ideas in many cases.) : )

G.F.Handel "Messiah"..the whole thing... and done on period instruments.. : )

If you've heard of it but.. in the words of Ali G, have said to yourself... Whas i awl a bouwt..(derived from the canine, bow wow!

A few highlights..

Great INTRO music with views of that sculpture of a building gradually taking viewer inside between the pilars...

0:20:33

0:32:00

1:51:50..till end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-aaEkdKssE

I'm an Army brat. We were stationed in Kaiserslautern. I know I spelled that wrong. Spent 7 years in Yurp btwn France and Germany. Came back to the states after De Gaulle kicked the US military out of France. I remember many happy Christmases from way back when.

Can I say that I was an Army brat ? I was in Germany 1963-64 (but I was assigned there)

quite possibly the best Christmas video ever produced :)

This was the greatest iteration of the Drifters, with Bill Pinkney's wonderful baritone and the unmistakable tenor voice of Clyde McPhatter.

My sister was a great fan of the Drifters--she's six years older than me--and sent this to me a few years ago. I do get a kick out of it, especially Santa's time-keeping knee.

Thanks for the reminder.

"CAROLS FOR CHRISTMAS"

This is such a great production featuring the master of this kind of thing David Willcocks, conducting the famous treble Aled Jones & Royal College of Music Chamber Choir at St.Edmunsbury.

The meanings of the songs are shown with art & paintings from the Metropolitan Museum of Art here in NY City.

Maybe some of you guys will watch it & love it as much as I have for the last nearly 30 years. : )

At 23:30 is a special bit..the kid sings this great..the background voices are amazing.. and the intimacy of that one painting is something.

"CAROLS FOR CHRISTMAS"

This is such a great production featuring the master of this kind of thing David Willcocks, conducting the famous treble Aled Jones & Royal College of Music Chamber Choir at St.Edmunsbury.

If anything, Aled Jones' voice as an adult high baritone is even better than his youthful treble voice was. He has a vocal gift we can barely comprehend.

Archived