Gibson Brands Forums

"I'll Be Home For Christmas" on J-45 Legend

Red 333

So, I write/direct/produce training, promotional, and corporate video. In an effort to offer lower prices to my customers, I decided to buy some camera, production, and editing equipment this year and learn to use it myself, instead of renting it for each project, hiring others to operate it, and passing along those costs.

I’ve made a few videos by myself (no crew or editor) as exercises—the objective of each being to provide myself hands-on experience with various challenges I will encounter in a client video, or to learn techniques I know I will need to employ.

Among other things, the video below was an exercise is shooting in low light. I thought I’d get some extra mileage out of my effort by also making it a musical holiday greeting for friends, and to also give you folks an opportunity to see and hear my J-45 Legend in action, albeit in a very simple musical setting. If you have some speakers connected to your computer, I think you’ll get a good representation of its tone.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. And if not, happy holidays, anyway.

Red 333

Ha ha ha! Well, happy holidays to you, too. You've been holding out on us... Very enjoyable. Especially liked the

smooth production in general, but particularly liked the abstract fade at t = :40s.

After all of this time(?)... thanks for sharing. PS: what's in the glass :) ?

Good one Red,

excellent production skills there...sound and video.

And yes..... good to see the hats are in action...heheh

If you play guitar you should always wear a hat indoors [thumbup]

I sent the video to my eighty two year old mother, and she scolded me for wearing a hat indoors. I'm using your post, Del, to prove to her it's OK.

Red 333

Red333

That song was written by Kim Gannon and Walter Kent in 1943 and made famous by Bing Crosby as our soldiers were coming home from WWII. My late father told me the story of hearing the song as he was on his way home from the Pacific. Great playing, that one just makes people feel good, thanks.

Archived