Gibson Brands Forums

MLP

guitar_randy

I used to post there quite a bit but now tend to refrain because its filled with too many trolls and people that think they know everything...and believe that their opinion is fact. No offense to people who like it. Some people there are nice too but it seems that the more posts people rack up on there, the more trollish they become.

Much prefer this forum and actually, the guys at EverythingSG Forums are really cool guys too but there's just something about MLP...

Go on over there and post a thread in the Backstage about anything and see what happens.

Better yet... find a thread where someone has asked for help, help them, and watch the dumbasses come out of the woodwork to assail you with their dumbassedry. It is an amazing dynamic, hence my preference for select areas.

Hmmm. I went to the backstage board and poked around at some threads, but did not see much. I did see some names I recognize because they used to be the posters here. And all of them were people I don't miss. Guess this MOB will remain a mystery (unless Shred wants to clue me in*).

* assuming he ain't yanking our chains.

I Like It Here.

For lots of reasons. Mostly the Forumites here. There are at least five or six dozen members with whom I'd like to spend an evening of 'ales and adventures'.

I simply don't get the same vibe from the folks over at MLP.

JMHO.

P.

I'm a member over there but IMO all the good info has already been posted in the past, It seems most of the traffic over there is:

1. What kind of guitar should I buy?

2. Gibson's QC sucks!

3. How come a Gibson costs so much more than my Epiphone- they are the same guitars aren't they?

4. How do I get the Slash Tone?

5. I have the Slash tone!

6. Should I take my pickup covers off? Does it look better with, or without?

7. Does my guitar look better with the pick guard off, or on?

8 When I get my new guitar, what pickups should I get for it?

9. Unless you use PIO caps, and re-wire it, your guitar will sound like crap!

10. I've made all these changes and I still can't sound like Ace.

11. There has to be something wrong with my Les Paul, it squeals when I have the gain on 10 and a

distortion pedal in front of my amp.

12. Unless your LP is a historic, or re-issue, or, made before 1970.it's not a real Les Paul!

And of course, you will get chastised if you make a remark contrary free thought-

"This is my opinion, and it needs to be yours too"~is the mentality of many over there-

You can get some good info- but, take it all with a grain of salt-it's not the be-all, end-all they would have you think, and be careful what and how you post over there.

I'm a member over there but IMO all the good info has already been posted in the past, It seems most of the traffic over there is:

2. Gibson's QC sucks!

3. How come a Gibson costs so much more than my Epiphone- they are the same guitars aren't they?

11. There has to be something wrong with my Les Paul, it squeals when I have the gain on 10 and a

12. Unless your LP is a historic, or re-issue, or, made before 1970.it's not a real Les Paul!

And of course, you will get chastised if you make a remark contrary free thought-

"This is my opinion, and it needs to be yours too"~is the mentality of many over there-

You can get some good info- but, take it all with a grain of salt-it's not the be-all, end-all they would have you think, and be careful what and how you post over there.

You forgot one thing " ... my Les Paul is better than yours ... I can play better than you,,,"

Lots of wannabes on this forum.

However we had some of these stupid posts here too, as " Which amp for my Les Paul?" etc.

2. Gibson's QC sucks!

That's pretty much every guitar forum everywhere in this moderated day and age. Nothing like the original Harmony Central and a couple other early ones, TDPRI before it became so heavy handed comes to mind. I got punted from there in the last century!

There isn't really much else to do in a supervised environment except tell people what pickups they should use. It's pretty awesome that people that know nothing about guitars don't hesistate to not only spend 2 or 3 thousand on a shiny new Gibson, then they go on these here innernetz and ask people which end does what.

rct

it always amazes me that on any forum if someone asks for some help and or advice when they are new or young, most (not all) posters treat them like they are idiots for even asking when they are just researching for the best knowledge from experienced players.

I have news for some of you, you were not born with that knowledge and did not acquire it on your own, someone that knew, helped you along the way.

Try not to be such know-it-all-asses all of the time, you are not all that, if you were, you would not be spending so much time here.

PS if you are offended by this, I probably mean you......

2. Gibson's QC sucks!

11. There has to be something wrong with my Les Paul, it squeals when I have the gain on 10 and a distortion pedal in front of my amp.

Yup pretty much.

Gibson Forum members do this as a hobby.

MLP Forums do it as if its a commissioned job.

I'm with Pip. I'm here for the people. I'd share a pint with most ya'll, if I could drink a pint without falling over drunk.

Ya'll made me feel like part of the group.

Also, I like the topic variety here. When you have stuff in common with people it is natural to talk about that one thing you have in common for a long while, but once that is talked to death it is nice to chat about other stuff knowing that we're people of the same tribe. We get to chat about music and shows and cars we wanna buy and sometimes even life. It's good.

Archived