Gibson Brands Forums

Pick up type

Rick Doeschler

I think you can look up the readings online (pardon my ignorance, I don't remember if pickups are measured by resistance or voltage) and then take a reading of yours. If you don't have the equipment, any amp tech could do this for you.

Outside of that, I would send your serial number to Gibson customer service and they should be able to give you the specs on this guitar.

'61 reissues, have always had (what they now call) '57's, to my knowledge. They are the closest to the original PAF

verions, in the original '61's. Personally, I LOVE '57's, and have actually changed out, the stock Ceraminc (HOT)

pickups, that came in my 2000 LP Classic. I could just never get the tone, that I remembered, from the Gibson's I

owned, in my youth, with the the "Hot" pickups. As soon as I plugged in, the Classic, AFTER the '57(Neck) and '57+(bridge)

pickups were installed, "That Tone," was THERE!! I didn't even have to adjust amp settings...it was just "There!"

(Sorry, if that's more information, than you asked for...but, I LOVE Gibson '57's!) [thumbup]

My current '61 reissue ("Satin" finish) has '57's (Stock) pickups. I wouldn't have it, any other way! [biggrin]

CB

Archived