Gibson Brands Forums

New Firebird

sgtb2000

So it took two years to make?

I'm confused obviously. But regardless, you HAVE to congratulate someone who just gets a Firebird.

Mine actually took 1 year and 2+ months to receive. Ordered june 2011 received sep1 2012

The store said its because of the federal CITES raid in support of India

Now I have to wait another 5-6 weeks for proper firebird pickups (vintage style) [sneaky]

I hear the tribute pups are alnico5, anyone know for sure?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Its a 1965 Firebird V, I found it in pawn shop in New Jersey, the guy was getting rid of everything in the store to close it for good,

I got it for 900. The trem arm is broken n one of the pick-ups n tone pots don't work either, it looks as if it had gotten wet and rusted pretty bad.

Amazing, I would have pulled the trigger on the spot if I ran into something like that .

Not sure if you have followed the work of Searcy here in the forum but he specializes on pickup repair, he even worked on Katrina damaged instruments.

You could send him pics and see if the pickup can be restored

• 3 months later...

I didn't have to wait long, but the serial # says it was made 12/5/12 prod# 105 and 12/5 is the day I called Musicians Friend and placed the order. Just a coincidence maybe.

But I still think it was waiting for me to call.

It was waiting for you to call,just like the explorer golden axe is waiting for me to call in a reserve.

Archived